The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

1629463702111.jpeg
Ostens - Patchouli Heart No. 1

I got a sample from Ostens as part of a streamed interview with the Co-Owner Christopher Yu. They sent a free sample of choice to all the listeners, which was cool. Thanks to Brexit, needing to clear customs for a free sample, was less cool. Yes, I had to pay duties, and a special post office fee to get it.

But it's a winner I guess it's no surprise I picked the patchouli offering, and it's lovely. It features green sweet incense notes as much as the patchouli. I don't like most sweet notes, but it works really well here, and is a unique take on patchouli in my collection.

There's a good chance this will go on my 'Christmas List' it's a really winter comfort scent for me.

BTW, I finally got my nose on Tom Ford Beau de Jour, well sort of, my wife was at the dept. store that carries it, and since they didn't have samples, she brought home a sprayed card. Not at all what I was expecting tbh. Very much like D.R. Harris Sandalwood to my nose, with a really lovely amber base. All I know is I kept sniffing the card, and it's likely on the Christmas list too.

God help me when the next batch of samples comes in from Le Galion, I'm really excited about that one!

Floris Cefero (vintage)
C0uJFj1.jpg

One of the best bottles out there - this fragrance is on my list!

Agreed. One of the nicer bottles out there and the juice is primo stuff. Unfortunately, it’s cologne strength so longevity is on the short end of the stick with about 3-4 hours of sillage. Great for a quick run to the market or a couple of errands. Just spray as much as you like though as the scent is like taking Blu de Chanel and crossing it with Bvlgari Aqua Marine. A bit on the synthetic side but, it really smells good…….

Back