The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What does your Forum Name Mean or Stand for ??

@Dave in KY made me come here and is holding my beer hostage.

Ben is one of my nicknames depending on when I met you. My family and friends through college call me Benny, which is substantially easier to pronounce than Bernardo. The duck part comes from my fraternity. Yes, I'm Greek. No, I'm still pretty lame. I'm a member of Delta Upsilon, whose unofficial mascot is the duck.

There you go, gimme my beer back!

@Dave in KY made me come here and is holding my beer hostage.

Ben is one of my nicknames depending on when I met you. My family and friends through college call me Benny, which is substantially easier to pronounce than Bernardo. The duck part comes from my fraternity. Yes, I'm Greek. No, I'm still pretty lame. I'm a member of Delta Upsilon, whose unofficial mascot is the duck.

There you go, gimme my beer back!
Great story Ben. I had to leave so I left your beer on the window sill
giphy (27).gif

I had to go back and read through this thread. Looks like I missed it the first time around.

I was sitting in the garage when I created my first user account on a shaving site. It asked for a user name and I looked up for inspiration. I then spotted a milk crate, on a shelf that I use for an auto parts bin. So there you have it.

I had to go back and read through this thread. Looks like I missed it the first time around.

I was sitting in the garage when I created my first user account on a shaving site. It asked for a user name and I looked up for inspiration. I then spotted a milk crate, on a shelf that I use for an auto parts bin. So there you have it.
That story never gets old Tim. I love it.

That story never gets old Tim. I love it.
Eh, I think our versions were more exciting :ROFLMAO:

I was figuring that Ben's name came to him from one of three ways:
- He's tall and clumsy and always banging into door frames with his head.
- He's easily irritated and prone to throw things at people when he's upset
- He passes a lot of gas and when folks ask "What was that?", he replies "must be ducks"

Last edited:
- He's tall and clumsy and always banding into door frames with his head.
- He passes a lot of gas and when folks ask "What was that?", he replies "must be ducks"
Or maybe he’s a bit quackers.

- He's tall and clumsy and always banding into door frames with his head.
I'm not easily irritated unless I'm counting stuff in my ambulance in the morning. I'll throw stuff across the back of it's not where it belongs. Lol

Mine comes from a friend back in high school. She was a terrible speller and she used to write (how ever you spell it) next to anything that she couldn't spell correctly. I suggested she shorten it to (heysi) and thus was born my nickname.

Oh and people have asked, its pronounced Hey-sigh.

Mine comes from a friend back in high school. She was a terrible speller and she used to write (how ever you spell it) next to anything that she couldn't spell correctly. I suggested she shorten it to (heysi) and thus was born my nickname.

Oh and people have asked, its pronounced Hey-sigh.
Cool story 👍
I thought it was Swahili for Bingo Cheater 😉
You know you wanna play!!

Oh, you're using the latin scientific binomial pronunciation. Good to know. I always said Hey-see in my head.
One of the beauties of making up a new word is getting to be the one that decides how its pronounced.

Back