The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What does your Forum Name Mean or Stand for ??

I wish I had a great story behind my user name. But when I told my family I needed a user name for a shaving forum I was signing up for, my daughter blurted this out and everybody laughed. I promised her I’d use it.
Well, she must think you have some good moves!

My name came from a tiny restaurant in a small town in western Ireland. It was named after a small island off the Irish coast.

I am going to the west coast of Ireland this May. My brother and mother live in Louisburg.

I’ve never been. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to the west coast of Ireland this May. My brother and mother live in Louisburg.

I’ve never been. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’ll love it. The scenery is spectacular. Oh, and the beer isn’t bad either.

I am a huge lover of mythology and in Roman mythology, Somnus ("sleep") is the personification of sleep. His Greek counterpart is Hypnos. Somnus resided in the underworld. According to Virgil, Somnus was the brother of Death (Mors), and according to Ovid, Somnus had a 'thousand' sons, the Somnia ('dream shapes'), who appear in dreams 'mimicking many forms'. I combined Somnus and Hypnos to create SOMNOS.

I am a huge lover of mythology and in Roman mythology, Somnus ("sleep") is the personification of sleep. His Greek counterpart is Hypnos. Somnus resided in the underworld. According to Virgil, Somnus was the brother of Death (Mors), and according to Ovid, Somnus had a 'thousand' sons, the Somnia ('dream shapes'), who appear in dreams 'mimicking many forms'. I combined Somnus and Hypnos to create SOMNOS.

I am a Bacchus man, myself.

Indeed. @Spider I know you travel East and I have sat in the East...so if you are ever up this way you are more than welcome to come visit.
Thanks Brother! We’ve got a thread about that somewhere around here. If you hadn’t seen it before.

I will indeed go look for that thread. Take care Brother and safe travels.

By the way, I’m currently in the East.

By the way, I’m currently in the East.

I was just there and responded...

In chess, a woodpusher is someone just moving the pieces around the board, having little strategy and not much skill. (Probably means something different in the "adult entertainment" industry though). I've come close to attaining my Master title in over-the-board play, but have fallen in the past five or so years to be not even rated as an Expert, although I retain my "Candidate Master" title. I also play correspondence chess (the stuff that used to be via snail mail, but is now played on a server at a rate of 3-5 days per move, computer engine assistance is allowed as they could not police it satisfactorily. It's not like the old days), am close to attaining my International Master title and am the current Canadian Correspondence champ (2018 tnmt, even though not yet finished, nobody can catch me).

While that might sound impressive to you, I am a small fish in the big pond of international play. Hence, a woodpusher.

Back