The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What does your Forum Name Mean or Stand for ??

I cannot believe I missed contributing to this thread!

Well, some already know, but I share the same first and last name as the protagonist from the show "The Wild Wild West", as did my father. Wild West became his nickname in the Navy, and it was bestowed upon me when I joined my first project team at the Naval Shipyard when the project superintendent immediately recognized the connection between my name and the show. So WildWest74 combines my nickname along with the year I was born. My avatar is my namesake character as portrayed by Robert Conrad.

Years ago, when I had better eyesight, I participated in high power rifle competition. I shot with a modified Springfield 03, an M1 Garand and a competition AR 15. On my first match I managed to hit the X ring of the target 3 times. Hence xring3. Over the years I have collected various military rifles and some pistols. Someday I’ll get out to the range and actually try to punch some holes in paper again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Years ago, when I had better eyesight, I participated in high power rifle competition. I shot with a modified Springfield 03, an M1 Garand and a competition AR 15. On my first match I managed to hit the X ring of the target 3 times. Hence xring3. Over the years I have collected various military rifles and some pistols. Someday I’ll get out to the range and actually try to punch some holes in paper again.

Nice! I tinkered around with some high power matches for a little bit. I was shooting an AR 15, but no where near competition grade. I think my sights were about 3 steps below standard..... Horrible sights. The friend that got me into it went and shot Perry just about every year. I wasn't great at it, as I'm mostly a pistol guy, but I had fun.

My AR15 was built up by Frank White out of Florida. Craiger SS barrel, trigger job and some other twiking. Garand was a DCM International Harvester. Not a rebuild, all matching and never issued when I got it. Springfield was a match rifle built up in the 1950’s Hart barrel. Pretty much shot out by the time I got it.

Always had a thing for Dragons since I was a kid and so when I first joined a shaving forum years ago I picked the name and Avatar and have had it ever since. Avatar has been cleaned up and slightly modified by a graphic designer/shaving buddy of mine who always used to say I can't stand looking at your Avatar the way it looks as its messy looking and cloudy but it never bothered until I tried to print it out for a label and wow I saw what he saw and asked him if he could work his magic and it's so much better now. LOL

Mine should have been fairly self explanatory, but after I chose it I realized my folly...

I was going to choose mrdouglas, basic and to the point, but I didn't want it to be so long, so I chose mrdoug. Of course, now everyone thinks it's my first name - you typically shorten your first name. Douglas is in fact my last name.

C'est la vie.

Mine should have been fairly self explanatory, but after I chose it I realized my folly...

I was going to choose mrdouglas, basic and to the point, but I didn't want it to be so long, so I chose mrdoug. Of course, now everyone thinks it's my first name - you typically shorten your first name. Douglas is in fact my last name.

C'est la vie.
Sorry, too late. You're now and always will be Doug 😂

Back