The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What does your Forum Name Mean or Stand for ??

Mine's pretty simple too. As a kid I spent four full summers at a camp in NY's Adirondack Mountains. Since then I've continued going back up there as well as backpacking in NH's White Mountains. Also visited the Whistler/Blackcomb area and fell in love with the remote mountainous terrain. The Adirondacks are my first and foremost love and still dream of getting some land and a cabin on a lake up there. And the numeric designation is my year of birth. No surprise there. So that covers the screen name. My avatar is Frank Zappa. I'm a huge fan and invested a great deal of time and effort in Frank Zappa growing up. My mother even once sat me down, obviously worried about my future, and asked me if I thought I'd still be listening to Frank Zappa when I turn 40. Well, that was 16 years ago and now I call mom on my birthday if she hasn't beat me to it and let her know I'm still listening to Frank Zappa. In fact, I have tickets to see the Hologram tour that Ahmet is putting on. I just relish any ability to listen to Zappa recordings, especially new ones I haven't heard before and listen to bands play his music well, especially made up of musicians who actually played with Frank. So this tour should satisfy those cravings. I've taken my 16 year old to see Dweezil do his father's music and while he's not a big Zappa fan, he loved the show. Recently he's been quoting some of his lyrics so I believe he's begun listening to him clandestinely. And if he behaves, no guarantees there, I'll take him to see the hologram show. And if not, I'll drag his mother to see it with me, although she'll probably fall asleep. Story for another thread.

Well, My new one is HandleBarberDave, pretty self explanatory
Handlebar Moustache
Barber
Dave
Easy peasy, LOL

Well, My new one is HandleBarberDave, pretty self explanatory
Handlebar Moustache
Barber
Dave
Easy peasy, LOL

giphy.gif

Mine's pretty simple too. As a kid I spent four full summers at a camp in NY's Adirondack Mountains. Since then I've continued going back up there as well as backpacking in NH's White Mountains. Also visited the Whistler/Blackcomb area and fell in love with the remote mountainous terrain. The Adirondacks are my first and foremost love and still dream of getting some land and a cabin on a lake up there. And the numeric designation is my year of birth. No surprise there. So that covers the screen name. My avatar is Frank Zappa. I'm a huge fan and invested a great deal of time and effort in Frank Zappa growing up. My mother even once sat me down, obviously worried about my future, and asked me if I thought I'd still be listening to Frank Zappa when I turn 40. Well, that was 16 years ago and now I call mom on my birthday if she hasn't beat me to it and let her know I'm still listening to Frank Zappa. In fact, I have tickets to see the Hologram tour that Ahmet is putting on. I just relish any ability to listen to Zappa recordings, especially new ones I haven't heard before and listen to bands play his music well, especially made up of musicians who actually played with Frank. So this tour should satisfy those cravings. I've taken my 16 year old to see Dweezil do his father's music and while he's not a big Zappa fan, he loved the show. Recently he's been quoting some of his lyrics so I believe he's begun listening to him clandestinely. And if he behaves, no guarantees there, I'll take him to see the hologram show. And if not, I'll drag his mother to see it with me, although she'll probably fall asleep. Story for another thread.

I'm a big Zappa guy myself. Saw him in San Diego, LA, and Santa Barbara twice. He went too soon. :(
I took my son to see Dwezil too, when he was in Helsinki.

That Prince of foods.....the muffin!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is based on where I currently live, Maine, and where I was raised, in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, where the residents are referred to as Yooper. Upper Peninsula, U.P., Yooper, get it?!

Back