The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What does your Forum Name Mean or Stand for ??

Listen here, Doug Douglas Paul! You now have three names. It has been said. You're in this family whether you like it or not! That's just the rules, man. #science
You win.
1779675a6089c4046a380ab55b52c0a0.jpg

Just a thought for anyone reading this If your screen name doesn't give a clue to your actual name, you can add it to your signature line and we'll all be able to have a shorter and more personal touch to comments directed to you. Just a thought :cool:

The first forum I ever joined was because I had just purchased my Ducati motorcycle back in '02.
The model is a 998 Testastretta. And I'm fourth generation Maryland.
It helped everyone know where I was and what I had when I posted up there.
Kept recycling it ever since.
My nickname at work is Fluffy. That's another story.
Ken.

Wow, I don't think I ever responded to this thread. For those that have never phonetically sounded it out, it's based off of "What's-a matta you", probably made most popular by Joe Dolce's song, Shaddap You Face in the 80s. And as much as I'd like to leave it at that, where it sounds at least semi-cool, the truth is far more nerdy...read on if you dare.

City of Heroes, an MMORPG, came out in the early 2000s. Being a huge comic book fan, I immediately picked it up and created a few characters of various classes. One of them, which ended up being my favorite(A fire/radiation controller for those who might also be enormous geeks), I named Smattayu. Now, one of the parts of the game that I enjoyed was the ability to create an origin and short back story for your characters. I didn't want to use the name "Smattayou" because I thought "Smattayu" looked better in writing, and for some reason a mutated child born to Chinese nuclear scientists who really like Italian food sounded perfectly feasible. That was about the time I started joining various forums, and have used that as a username ever since.

I have used the “Yeti” name part with various add-ons for many years on different platforms (Xbox, PlayStation, forums). The Yeti part comes from my love of the Colorado Avalanche and their original mascot and shoulder patch on their hockey sweaters when they arrived in Denver in 1995. I just added the “Shavin’“ part because this is primarily a shaving forum. And viola, “Shavin’ Yeti” was formed.

Been at my job 22 years now. Ugh!
When I first started had a guy that was a douche. Thought he would mess with the FNG.
Southpark was big at the time. And one character Cartman had a pet pig named FLuffy. He started calling me that. Instead of bitching about it. I embraced it. Can't get in my head that way. 8 yrs. U.S. Army. ;)
My co-workers did as well. (embrace) Guess they didn't think I was a douche. I write it on my gloves, hard hat, vest and anything else I don't want people messing with.
We've had a lot of new guys start at my district. When they are told "don't sit there. That's Fluffy's chair" The looks they give are comical.
Ken

Back