The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What does your Forum Name Mean or Stand for ??

Alas mine is borne from little to no imagination. I retired from the Army at the rank on O-4 (Major) all the guys just called me that in the office to distinguish me from Major Tim, so I just kept it.

I wanted something new with the new site so I went with the Monkey I made famous through bingo. Also because Dummy Account doesn't roll off the tongue.

I got to spend more time in the different categories! This one is interesting. Mine is the first license plate number I had to memorize for my work place.Haven't memorized any other of my license plate numbers since then.

I got to spend more time in the different categories! This one is interesting. Mine is the first license plate number I had to memorize for my work place.Haven't memorized any other of my license plate numbers since then.

Thats an interesting way to select a username!

By the way, if you hit the topics button, it will show you every current thread and highlight the ones you haven’t read yet. I never miss a single post that way!

I thought about it for a while and settled on Blade-meister not because I've mastered wet shaving, but that I am a flintknapper who can make blades from flint, I'm a blacksmith who eventually will be able to make decent blades from steel, and now I'm using a blade to shave my face. Seems my life is surrounded with blades of one shape, kind or another.

I thought about it for a while and settled on Blade-meister not because I've mastered wet shaving, but that I am a flintknapper who can make blades from flint, I'm a blacksmith who eventually will be able to make decent blades from steel, and now I'm using a blade to shave my face. Seems my life is surrounded with blades of one shape, kind or another.

Very fun, classic skills to know!

My father and I, when I was younger, dabbled a bit in knapping obsidian. Quite an involved and fun process!

It does take a while to master it, and I'm not quite there. I've been knapping for 16 years or so, but have only been blacksmithing for 2 years doing mainly things I can put to use around my shop, making tools for the anvil, and things put to use around my house. I once hit a rock with my lawn mower and was able to straighten out the blade. The blade was brand new so I was thankful I could fix it correctly without any vibration or anything.

Nick name my kids came up with because of my corse whiskers. “Dad, can we not snuggle? Your sharpies are hurting.” Kind of what got me paying attention to how often I shaved again.

My freshmen year at the University of Arizona, first weekend in the dorms me a a few guys from my hall decided to play some texas holdem. I had decided to put on my straw cowboy hat earlier that day and had not yet removed it so they all started calling me cowboy since i was from Oklahoma originally. After that i started using uacowboy for my gamertag and just stuck with it.

Oddly i have been called a cowboy several times in my life by people who had no knowledge of the name or my background. Not sure what it is really since i rarely wear hats other than a ballcap and only started wearing boots as my main footwear about 5 years ago due to having to occasionally walk outside at night for work and my office is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. I have seen diamondbacks 3 times while checking door alarms.

Nick name my kids came up with because of my corse whiskers. “Dad, can we not snuggle? Your sharpies are hurting.” Kind of what got me paying attention to how often I shaved again.
\nI remember that from my grandpa, like really rough sandpaper.

My freshmen year at the University of Arizona, first weekend in the dorms me a a few guys from my hall decided to play some texas holdem. I had decided to put on my straw cowboy hat earlier that day and had not yet removed it so they all started calling me cowboy since i was from Oklahoma originally. After that i started using uacowboy for my gamertag and just stuck with it.

Oddly i have been called a cowboy several times in my life by people who had no knowledge of the name or my background. Not sure what it is really since i rarely wear hats other than a ballcap and only started wearing boots as my main footwear about 5 years ago due to having to occasionally walk outside at night for work and my office is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. I have seen diamondbacks 3 times while checking door alarms.

I'd wear boots, too!

Back