The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What does your Forum Name Mean or Stand for ??

I am the seventh of my name (VII). John the first founded a small town in Michigan in the 1830s bearing his (my) surname.

I would expect simple from you being the 3017 King
1f44d.png
Just wait until I start doing Excalibur shaves again.
1f608.png
1f603.png
1f631.png
1f60b.png

Mine is Blade4vor = blade fervor. Blade4vor was my name on a knife forum years ago. I also thought it fit with traditional wet shaving, so I've continued to use the same name.

This is been a fun thread to read. My name is first & last initial + shaver. I'm sure you're all amazed at my creativity!

Mine is pretty simple. Abbreviated versions of my first, middle, and last name.

My my older cousins used to call me this when I was a kid. Probably making fun of the fact that I have 3 first names lol.

My dad changed his last name when he was in his 20’s because he, my uncle, and grandfathered all used the shortened last name professionally(they were all barbers). So he decided it would be easier and changed it from Notarfranceso to Francis.

So I was the only cousin with the 3 first name deal.

Got it, was just playing around.

Sorry Dave, didn’t mean for that to sound like I was annoyed or anything.

People often get confused when I give them my full name. A lot of times when I show up places and have to give my name I say “Hi, I’m Steve Francis”. And they look at me expecting me to give another name because they think I just gave them my first and middle name only haha.

Also another fun fact for any NBA fans. Obviously I share the same first and last as the former player Steve Francis. But, one of my best friends growing up was named Jason Williams, another former NBA player...we were both pretty average at basketball though, so we never really got to capitalize on that lol.

Sorry Dave, didn’t mean for that to sound like I was annoyed or anything.

People often get confused when I give them my full name. A lot of times when I show up places and have to give my name I say “Hi, I’m Steve Francis”. And they look at me expecting me to give another name because they think I just gave them my first and middle name only haha.

Also another fun fact for any NBA fans. Obviously I share the same first and last as the former player Steve Francis. But, one of my best friends growing up was named Jason Williams, another former NBA player...we were both pretty average at basketball though, so we never really got to capitalize on that lol.

Great reads on your name creation ?

Although I prefer India Pale Ales, I chose the acronyms for my two favorite macro beers...
Thats some funny stuff right there. Big fan of PBR myself, but never would have made the connection.

Great thread! Enjoying the stories!

Old high school nickname and football number.

How did I get the nickname? Well my mother had taught at the high school I went to for many years. That being said I knew all the teachers and coaches and they all knew me too. The defensive line coach, Coach McDonald on the 2nd day of my 1st year (9th grade) of spring training, looked straight at me to call me into the scrimmage, could not remember my name and said "Clyde get in there!" That was all it took, the next day people I didn't even know were calling me Clyde. It stuck like CA to Chris L.
1f609.png
1f601.png
I'm sure there are people I went to school with that to this day could not tell you my real name.

These are some really interesting back stories...I am really enjoying them!

Back