The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What does your Forum Name Mean or Stand for ??

Great thread! Enjoying the stories!

Old high school nickname and football number.

How did I get the nickname? Well my mother had taught at the high school I went to for many years.

You went to high school for many years? Wasn't four enough? ?

Mine is very simple: my whiskers are gray, and '57 is my birth year. I'm a C-1, like my Red Tip.

And hear I thought you were a Gandalf fan
1f601.png

I've played bass in various bands since I was 13 - so.... over 41 years now. Hence, the "BassPlayer" part. Add the first three letters of my last name & you get "BassPlayerBoz".

You went to high school for many years? Wasn't four enough?
1f609.png
No one ever accused me of being a punctuation (or any other kind either for that matter
1f61c.png
) genius

Well my mother had taught at the high school, that I went to, for many years. Better?
1f60b.png

Very interesting thread! ?
Jaid was the name of our dog and I was her master. Thought it had a cool sound to it, so Jaidmaster. She passed in '06 but I still like using the name.

Thanks for the correction. Yes, Wharf Rat is the title. August West is the protagonist. Old roomie of mine wrote "August West" as the title on his Maxell® cassette bootlegs and it kinda stuck.

Too many moon biscuits.

I remember the first time I heard Wharf Rat after seeing your user name....I just thought, "That's Tony!" and hadn't even noticed it before.

I wish I had a great story behind my user name. But when I told my family I needed a user name for a shaving forum I was signing up for, my daughter blurted this out and everybody laughed. I promised her I’d use it.
I like ones like this and Tim, Milkcrate

Back