The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

I think you might like it. I actually want another bottle and I didn't think I would but it grew on me. Just skip the Grape Soda @NurseDave recommends. He even ruins good Rum with Coca Cola. Just ask @dangerousdon
Well shoot. I passed on the Screwball pb whiskey when I picked up the new Williams puck, then again Friday and again just this afternoon. I was seriously considering it now I want it. My wife REALLY wants ice cream, maybe I can do an ice cream run and grab some PB whisky (y)

Well shoot. I passed on the Screwball pb whiskey when I picked up the new Williams puck, then again Friday and again just this afternoon. I was seriously considering it now I want it. My wife REALLY wants ice cream, maybe I can do an ice cream run and grab some PB whisky (y)
If for no other reason, get it because Chad can't 🤪

Sorry guys I am not a booze snob but all this talk of peanut butter anything and honey whiskey and grape whatever...gives me chills...not the good ones either! 😂😳...I am far too traditional perhaps. It goes from the cask, to the bottle, to my gullet...done and done.
What about bacon? I’ve been known to stick a slice of crisp bacon in my glass then pour a couple fingers of Tin Cup in the glass... maybe a dash of my homemade cherry pipe tobacco bitters...

What about bacon? I’ve been known to stick a slice of crisp bacon in my glass then pour a couple fingers of Tin Cup in the glass... maybe a dash of my homemade cherry pipe tobacco bitters...
Well now @CBLindsay that is approaching “dessert” territory...I LIKE dessert! 😂

I had bad Heartburn tonight so just drinking water while watching TN let go of a game they were playing okay in the 1st half...........

Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadians...5-5 tied and OT done so off to a shoot out! Ahhhhhhhhh!

I think you might like it. I actually want another bottle and I didn't think I would but it grew on me. Just skip the Grape Soda @NurseDave recommends. He even ruins good Rum with Coca Cola. Just ask @dangerousdon

It's true! He ruins really good rum with a Coke! I mean that is like taking a Mcallen 18 and mixing it with Sprite...or a George T. Stagg Bourbon and adding ginger-ale to it. No sir...that is not good! If I want Coke in my rum...then Captain Morgan is just fine. 🙂

I've been known to make my Bloody Mary Cocktails with a beef stick or a crispy piece of bacon. Along with some pickled okra and spiced green beans.

It's true! He ruins really good rum with a Coke! I mean that is like taking a Mcallen 18 and mixing it with Sprite...or a George T. Stagg Bourbon and adding ginger-ale to it. No sir...that is not good! If I want Coke in my rum...then Captain Morgan is just fine. 🙂

Please don't give people ideas

Went to the big liquor store in the city last weekend and stocked up on some stuff. The espresso stuff from Full Throttle is amazing! And glad I found the Triple Crown, it’s my favorite whiskey. Good for sippin or mixing.

083E3B23-F272-4BFF-93BC-E6DF2747AE1A.jpeg

2B39760B-FD99-4417-B381-EEFDB040E088.jpeg

To quote @Somnos, “I’m no liquor snob” but I know what I like and don’t like. When I like it I drink it, when I don’t...I mix it with diet cherry coke/Pepsi. If it’s really bad I try soaking dried fruit in it or adulterating it in some other creative way. I am happy to say I am far to cheap when it comes to buying beer, wine and spirits to ever stumble across something that I might really love.
Quick funny story if I might: when I was a wee lad my mom was put in charge of running a corporate pic-nic for the hospital. She was able to get various donations of gifts to be given as prizes for various games and raffles and had a budget to help boost the value of items being given. Among the items purchased/donated was a very high value, very prized wine. The day of the event we all did our thing and won events and raffles as she handed out the prizes, the wine was still on the heap waiting to be given (presumably as a grand finale) when I surprised the crowd by winning the corn shucking event. Being the fastest 8 year old among all the other 6-10 years was a real accomplishment to be sure. As I stood to receive my prize my mom quickly dropped the paltry trinket that was planned as a prize for the event and awarded ME the wine. SCORE. The crowd knew better than to challenge my mom, she was a fun lady but you didn’t mess with her wine. Fast forward to Christmas that year when we broke open that wine and everyone took a sip...horrible stuff not fit for salad dressing.
Fast forward to about 7 years ago (about a year before my mom died). I told this story to a client of mine who is quite versed in wine culture and she ran off to her office to grab what she thought was her favorite bottle of wine so far that year. The bottle was one from the couple of cases to be served at the upcoming company Christmas party, it should make my mom quite happy on her fast approaching 50th anniversary. I gave this bottle of wine (since I have to disclose the value of gifts received by clients I know the value to be well over $250...more than the two-buck-chuck I usually buy) to my mom and awaited her feedback. ‘Trash’ she said. She told me it tasted like vinegar so they used it to dress their salad. So much for my fine wine experience.

I hold no one in contempt for what they like to drink. Life is just too short to be unhappy about what you pour to celebrate with family, friends or just chill after a long day. @CBLindsay my Grand Father who was a sommelier use to say that wine only became difficult when we started classing them beyond “Red, White, Green and Rose”. He was an expert and would buy his wine from a local wine merchant in Lisbon in 5 litre glass jugs...so again, whatever floats the boat is all that matters...nice story Chris!

Back