The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Forgot to post last night...bye-bye Larceny and WT American Honey. Probably not rebuys now that I’ve found a store selling Eagle Rare and Buffalo Trace, but they were good while they lasted (WT might have been a touch too sweet).

image.jpg

I generally find corn mashes and many North American blends too sweet, which makes the fact the I like JD's Honey Whiskey strange for a hot toddy.
Yes, some single malts have too much of a peat-y scent and flavour; even though they might cost oodles, I am not a fan of those ones either.

The LSU Game kicks off at 11:00 AM...I affectionately call this the Bourbon and Cheerios Bowl. Second one this year and I don't think we had an 11:00 AM kick-off all season last year. Anyway...thinking about adding some Kahlua to my coffee (I'm out of whiskey...I know...I know...these words should never pass my lips). Then maybe ease into some gin and tonics as the game passes noon!

@Somnos have you posted a wine from Silverado before? I know I’ve seen it posted on TSC before.

I generally find corn mashes and many North American blends too sweet, which makes the fact the I like JD's Honey Whiskey strange for a hot toddy.
Yes, some single malts have too much of a peat-y scent and flavour; even though they might cost oodles, I am not a fan of those ones either.
I guess the problem I have is I like a lot of stuff enough to enjoy a glass or maybe two, never enough to justify a whole bottle. Since I tend to feel the need to choke down an entire bottle before buying a new one I am more picky with what I will drink. If it tastes as bad (or worse) when I’ve had a glass or two then it’s got to go. I don’t mind sweet, I actually like Jim bean red stag quiet a lot (although I do tend to mix it with my cola more than drink it straight). The sweetest whiskey I ever had and enjoyed was Jeremiah Weed, 100 proof kick but so sweet it was like sucking on a sugar cube.

I’ve been eyeing some peanut butter whiskey, I’m bound to give in and try it sooner or later

Sorry guys I am not a booze snob but all this talk of peanut butter anything and honey whiskey and grape whatever...gives me chills...not the good ones either! 😂😳...I am far too traditional perhaps. It goes from the cask, to the bottle, to my gullet...done and done.

Back