The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Saw a Peanut Butter Bourbon yesterday at the Liquor Store....................................I passed
Good man!

The most dangerous part of the bottle.

Do I finish or not?

View attachment 8776

That's a lot to finish off in a night. But then again you are talking to a guy that finished an entire bottle of rye with a friend of his when home on leave from Afghanistan. What the heck...It's Saturday Night? Wait...what? Oh...it's Sunday Night? Well...who cares. (I see you finished it off...high five!)

Good man!

That's a lot to finish off in a night. But then again you are talking to a guy that finished an entire bottle of rye with a friend of his when home on leave from Afghanistan. What the heck...It's Saturday Night? Wait...what? Oh...it's Sunday Night? Well...who cares. (I see you finished it off...high five!)

Oh yea! I love my bourbon. Probably shouldn't have finished it but when I poured my second there wasn't much left so into the cup it went.

I regret nothing

Recently purchased these on a liquor cabinet restocking trip. It was getting low, so every now and then I'll buy 3-4 bottles and try soem new stuff out.

First of all I wanted to get another bottle of Black Barrel.... that stuff is amazing. One of the smoothest drinks I've had. Love the sttuff.

I bought the Larceny based on y'all's recommendations.... and I dont' see what the big deal is. Pretty mediocre if you ask me. Not terribly smooth or flavorful.

The screwball is somehting new, and a friend recommended, so I tried it. When I bought it, the guy at the liquor store said he's been recommending it to everyone becaus ehe loves it. It is sweet and slightly syrupy, but the flavor is awesome. The peanut butter flavor is spot on, not artificial, and compliments the whiskey flavor nicely. I jokingly call it the guys version of fireball, since it's a sweeter whiskey that's really easy to drink, but peanut butter is a more manly flavor than cinnamon. It's definitely not going to replace whiskey, but it a fun drink every now and then or a good after dinner dessert drink. Amber loves it too, and she said we're getting another bottle for our Halloween Party.

whiskey.jpg

Recently purchased these on a liquor cabinet restocking trip. It was getting low, so every now and then I'll buy 3-4 bottles and try soem new stuff out.

First of all I wanted to get another bottle of Black Barrel.... that stuff is amazing. One of the smoothest drinks I've had. Love the sttuff.

I bought the Larceny based on y'all's recommendations.... and I dont' see what the big deal is. Pretty mediocre if you ask me. Not terribly smooth or flavorful.

The screwball is somehting new, and a friend recommended, so I tried it. When I bought it, the guy at the liquor store said he's been recommending it to everyone becaus ehe loves it. It is sweet and slightly syrupy, but the flavor is awesome. The peanut butter flavor is spot on, not artificial, and compliments the whiskey flavor nicely. I jokingly call it the guys version of fireball, since it's a sweeter whiskey that's really easy to drink, but peanut butter is a more manly flavor than cinnamon. It's definitely not going to replace whiskey, but it a fun drink every now and then or a good after dinner dessert drink. Amber loves it too, and she said we're getting another bottle for our Halloween Party.

View attachment 8788
Clearly I should have bought the screwball instead of passing on it. I'll give it a shot when I get a chance to pick it up

I am very curious as I a peanut butter fanatic. But I bet our state isn't selling it

I might have to give that a try. but not in front of my wife. She thinks it's a sin to sweeten any tea. any time we eat somewhere that has halfway decent sweet tea i order it and her eyes nearly fall out the roll so fast lol
Should be right up your alley then, I love a good sweet tea! Haven’t found a decent sweet tea out local yet...McDonalds isn’t too bad for what it is.

Should be right up your alley then, I love a good sweet tea! Haven’t found a decent sweet tea out local yet...McDonalds isn’t too bad for what it is.
in my experience the real difference in a good sweet tea is whether or not the person understands the difference between sweet tea and sweetened tea. the former is amazing the later usually isn't. gotta add that sugar while it's hot!

I might have to give that a try. but not in front of my wife. She thinks it's a sin to sweeten any tea. any time we eat somewhere that has halfway decent sweet tea i order it and her eyes nearly fall out the roll so fast lol
I hear something like "Well whaddya expect darlin'? Ya can't take the sweet tea outta country boy."

Back