The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Go with me here... But Bulleit is good in unsweetened tea. Only way I drink it though. And one of the few whiskeys I will mix.

So far I think my favorite whiskey/whisky is Tin Cup overall

On smoothness alone Larceny

On Bourbon only Its
21C02B9A-DF3E-4606-9EB3-B11CFD736E7A.jpeg

On Rye Whisky Copper Fox Single Malt

Most people are pretty amazed at them when they first hear or see of them. Seriously though...drive up like you are ordering a burger or something...ask for a daiquiri of your choice (there are usually about 12 - 24 flavors...out comes a white foam drinking cup (I get mine inwo a handy 32 ounce size) and a straw. They won't put a straw in for you because that would make it an open container...yeah really...no joke. Daiquiri shops are so profitable that there are certain laws that are cut out specifically for them. It's crazy.
We were on an extended tour of Louisiana last Spring and this was something that stood out for me when I saw one at Grand Isle. Unfortunately, our tour was cut short because we had to get to Alabama to the Tiffin Factory to witness our RV being built. We planned on being in Louisiana again this year on our way out West but those plans were blown out of the water when our RV broke down near Tallahassee and we lost 2 weeks (a 10 Grand repair covered by Tiffin).

I just love everything about Louisiana--the people, the music, the food and the alcohol among other things. We did a cocktail tour in New Orleans with a different one at each of the 5 bars we went to--I managed to rack up six because I had to have a second Hurricane. We also visited Bayou Teche Brewery in Cajun Country--wonderful beer there.

To paraphrase Douglas MacArthur, we will be back.

Where from...and that could have been a mistake!

Let me know if you are ever this way again!
Could have been??? Definitely was a mistake but I enjoyed the heck out of it. These were all bars in the French Quarter in New Orleans including Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop Bar. One of the bars poured an absinthe and it glowed an unearthly green. Very memorable. I think I was the only one on the tour who had one of those. I have been in been in bars around the world including many in my home town--San Francisco--I can tell you that New Orleans ranks right up there. Getting a Hurricane in New Orleans has the same feel as sitting down in the Buena Vista Cafe in SF and getting an Irish coffee in the place where it was first created.

Should have watch the build more closely 🤪 Happy travels Glen
Yeah, like I would have known the difference. Besides which, I was busy with cocktails in Louisiana when the chassis was built
:cool:. I did report the problem to Cummins (engine felt like it was dragging something) when I had them do preventative maintenance and they sent it over to their engine shop. They found a bad injector but missed the problem with the fan assembly. Two hundred miles into our trip the engine threw the drive shaft to the fan assembly and I got the dread Red Bomb on the dash. My wife took a picture of our 40' RV being towed and put it on Instagram with a nasty reference to Cummins not doing their job. Man did that get a reaction! Cummins is very sensitive about their reputation on Social Media. We got a call from their Regional Manager and Four Star Freightliner (who was doing the repairs) got a number of calls from various people at Cummins trying to figure out what had gone wrong.

Yeah, like I would have known the difference. Besides which, I was busy with cocktails in Louisiana when the chassis was built
:cool:. I did report the problem to Cummins (engine felt like it was dragging something) when I had them do preventative maintenance and they sent it over to their engine shop. They found a bad injector but missed the problem with the fan assembly. Two hundred miles into our trip the engine threw the drive shaft to the fan assembly and I got the dread Red Bomb on the dash. My wife took a picture of our 40' RV being towed and put it on Instagram with a nasty reference to Cummins not doing their job. Man did that get a reaction! Cummins is very sensitive about their reputation on Social Media. We got a call from their Regional Manager and Four Star Freightliner (who was doing the repairs) got a number of calls from various people at Cummins trying to figure out what had gone wrong.
Shame it went that way but glad it got resolved for you (y)

Could have been??? Definitely was a mistake but I enjoyed the heck out of it. These were all bars in the French Quarter in New Orleans including Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop Bar. One of the bars poured an absinthe and it glowed an unearthly green. Very memorable. I think I was the only one on the tour who had one of those. I have been in been in bars around the world including many in my home town--San Francisco--I can tell you that New Orleans ranks right up there. Getting a Hurricane in New Orleans has the same feel as sitting down in the Buena Vista Cafe in SF and getting an Irish coffee in the place where it was first created.

I know Pat-O's is very Touristy as far as the consumption of alcohol goes...and you really can get a Hurricane from just about anywhere you can throw a stone in the quarter, but they are so tasty! Most people make the mistake of downing one in a very fast manner...then say to themselves, "That wasn't so bad...I'll have another!" And if they are a total lush they will down two before they feel it and will have ordered a third. But believe me...two should be enough to make most large men realize they had too much. My personal record (not that I was in any to condition to count toes or fingers...I have to go by my now wife then girlfriend's recollection) was five. Let's just say that night was one NOT to remember. 🤪

Back