The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Last pour from @NurseDave and I really enjoy this. Not quite as good as the 16 but really good.

20230715_211140.jpg

To return the gesture I'll put together a package of some other items for you. We can find an American whiskey you'll like. With all the options there has to be one.

Sorry to hear that, amongst bourbon lovers that's a preferred offering. I think if you want to try and enjoy bourbon perhaps go for the lower proof offerings.
I dunno. This was one I liked better than the rest before my tastes changed and I dislike all bourbons. I decided to try on ice as opposed to straight as I drink everything else. No go. I think it’s the sweetness of the corn. I don’t like scotches they have been finished in wine casks either and have sweetness to them.

I dunno. This was one I liked better than the rest before my tastes changed and I dislike all bourbons. I decided to try on ice as opposed to straight as I drink everything else. No go. I think it’s the sweetness of the corn. I don’t like scotches they have been finished in wine casks either and have sweetness to them.
Water and ice can bring the sweetness go the fore front. I have some ideas. I think you may actually be more of a traditional American Rye. Have you tried any of those?

One of my favorites is Redwood Empire (California distillery) called Emerald Giant.

As to rye though you really need to read the labels as a lot of companies finish to impart sweetness to appeal to bourbon drinkers.

But regardless when we get back from these trips I'll put together a flight for you of American Whiskeys that are NOT bourbon.

But regardless when we get back from these trips I'll put together a flight for you of American Whiskeys that are NOT bourbon.
If you do this, can I ask you just put numbers on the bottles and write on a paper what they are? I can do a blind taste on video.

Back