The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

I didn't answer because I have no person knowledge but first you need to drop your e from whiskey, son. :D

I googled what's around there. I think JW might be the easiest to visit and given your limited time here might be the one to hit up. But it also looks too commercial for me. The only other one I've personally experienced is Deanston, and their Virgin Oak is one of my goto entry priced drinks. In fact I need to restock on that one. I think I'd prefer what might be a more personalized experience with that one, but it would take more time out of the day to get there. It's like going to Napa. I can take you to the big, slick producers everyone will know when you mention, or the smaller quiet ones where you're going to be talking to someone that's worked the harvest.
Good thoughts! Thanks!

You mean you haven’t gone and visited your plots of land from Laphroaig yet?! 😂

Good thoughts! Thanks!

You mean you haven’t gone and visited your plots of land from Laphroaig yet?! 😂
I thought doing so would be a pipe dream, but once my wife mentioned she thinks pictures of Scotland are beautiful and wants to see it. So I hope within the next 5 years! Would love to stay on Islay overnight and hit up 6 distilleries or so. :)

I don't drink much anymore but yesterday had a little bottle of this...
It was pretty good.....

ezgif-5-d3a5b096f4.jpg

followed by a "chaser" of mountain dew...
Since I don't drink much of anything anymore it was fairly strong which was why I drank some mountain dew after it....

Trying to decide if 4 is enough for a comparison video or I need to wait to have 1-2 more

IMG_3930.jpeg

Floki Icelandic Single Malt Whisky

Interesting, tastes ok but has the notes of lava, dirty ice and a hiking boot on the nose and has an Ouzo component with Black licorice and what could be a wet leather Viking Salted Cod and wet wood

It did make my tongue numb. So it is a thumbs up? Maybe. Too early to tell Or they should stick to “Viking Stuff”
😂

IMG_2201.jpeg

That's my choice of gin! I take it straight up, just like my tequila and scotch.
I like this with the mixer or straight, but you need to try Hendricks Orbeum. Best gin for drinking straight up imho. It is fantastic

IMG_2113.jpeg

So here's what happened. I ran out to Total Wine for a pickup and like how one does I looked around quickly just to make sure there wasn't something there it would be a shame I lived without. And poor B Dave, they keep cranking up the price on his beloved Cigar Malt and now it's even behind the glass doors! Anyway, I might be out of tequila so I hit up that area, even though I'm not going to buy anything. I'm in a downsizing phase right now. Stop laughing Dave! They call it a phase because it will go away. Anyway, I see this contraption behind the glass doors there.
IMG_3947.jpeg

Now, tequila coming in flamboyantly shaped bottles is nothing new, but I can't remember seeing three different ages of tequila in one bottle. And on tap!! Other than noting that the glass agave inside really eats up space so it looks like each section doesn't hold much, and that it's cool each section is labeled, I didn't think much else of it other than snapping a pic to share with you fine folks. I go with the theory that the more complex the vessel, the lower the quality of the hooch. And then when I'm halfway back thinking about it, it hits me like basic math soaking into a 3rd grader. Those pipes off to the side aren't just air vents, you can refill that thing!!!! Why the heck didn't I realize it there and buy it?? You can dump out the junk it comes with and get three ages of some good stuff. Sigh.

Back