The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Well… this was right before the power went out and lost internet. So about 4 hrs ago LOL. Glad it was iced coffee, as it was in the 90’s in the house.

I think I may need to invest in a Generac

IMG_1890.jpeg

For those that have explored the area…best whiskey tour experience in Scotland? We might be hanging out more towards Edinburgh area but may get to venture a slight bit farther north.

Looking like Glenkinchie/Johnnie Walker may be the closest notable distillery?

Here is some info. We did this one and it gave a chance to taste a bunch

Here is some more information on distilleries within an hours drive

I am being a Bougie Hillbilly tonight. Virgil’s Cola from a Crystal Crate & Barrel vodka shot glass
🤠🤠😂😂😂

IMG_2133.jpeg

Here is some info. We did this one and it gave a chance to taste a bunch

Here is some more information on distilleries within an hours drive

I’ll peruse, thanks!

I did see the Experience mentioned elsewhere too and it does look like a good time…but I figured I’d like the distillery experience foremost if I had to pick one thing to do.

For those that have explored the area…best whiskey tour experience in Scotland? We might be hanging out more towards Edinburgh area but may get to venture a slight bit farther north.

Looking like Glenkinchie/Johnnie Walker may be the closest notable distillery?
I didn't answer because I have no person knowledge but first you need to drop your e from whiskey, son. :D

I googled what's around there. I think JW might be the easiest to visit and given your limited time here might be the one to hit up. But it also looks too commercial for me. The only other one I've personally experienced is Deanston, and their Virgin Oak is one of my goto entry priced drinks. In fact I need to restock on that one. I think I'd prefer what might be a more personalized experience with that one, but it would take more time out of the day to get there. It's like going to Napa. I can take you to the big, slick producers everyone will know when you mention, or the smaller quiet ones where you're going to be talking to someone that's worked the harvest.

Back