The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

I should add a few notes. The mixed berry is 3lbs blueberries, 36oz fresh blackberries and 12oz fresh raspberries. The yeast for the french is Safale S04 and the berry gets Lalvin 71b.

Oh I already have limoncello extract and peppermint for schnaps soaking ;)

View attachment 61384

Cider is pretty easy. 5 gallons of fresh pressed cider, proper amounts of pectic enzyme and yeast energizer, vigerous aeration, and wait. If you have a high gravity 1.080 or more, degass, aerateand add extra nutrients for the first 2-3 days of fermentation. Then drink like Americas forefathers!
View attachment 61385
Thank you sir

I should add a few notes. The mixed berry is 3lbs blueberries, 36oz fresh blackberries and 12oz fresh raspberries. The yeast for the french is Safale S04 and the berry gets Lalvin 71b.
We just harvested about 10 lbs of prickly pear fruit I assume that would work as well correct?

Sweet jeez. Noah’s Mill tastes terrible with a cigar. Poured it out onto the yard.

You know how Bourbon drinkers try to elevate their level to Scotch drinkers without spending the price?

They wait for the bar to close and drink the whiskey bar patrons put their cigarettes out in to get the smoky flavor HEHE

Back