The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

A finger and a half of The Glenlivet 15, French Oak.

Now that I've stared using my Canadian Glencairn, I have to say that this packs quite the nostril wallop -vs- in a normal whisky rocks glass.

From the DID YOU KNOW? Files.....

Did you know that if you burned the top of your mouth eating fish hot from the pan for supper that your whisky doesn't taste the same? I guess losing all that skin isn't what they meant when they talk about "cleansing your palate.":unsure:

@Somnos wanted to know what I thought about this one. I’ll tell ya, it’s better than any bourbon I’ve had. I didn’t get any of their notes on the nose, but the taste was complex. I got the ginger for sure and thought they were crazy about the German chocolate cake until it hit on the finish. It also drinks hotter than its 50%. This is a thinking man’s whiskEy. With a cigar more of the bourbon sweetness comes out so likely won’t pair it again.
8A3BC476-BE68-4999-A1A0-4EB437D3A374.jpeg
15E06628-EE36-4FDF-8D03-13E30D2BC379.jpeg

To get that Disgusting Paddleford Creek ( better named Nuclear Waste Creek ) out of the palate a nice dram of Buffalo Trace and all is well with the World

09.27.2021 BT.jpg

@Somnos wanted to know what I thought about this one. I’ll tell ya, it’s better than any bourbon I’ve had. I didn’t get any of their notes on the nose, but the taste was complex. I got the ginger for sure and thought they were crazy about the German chocolate cake until it hit on the finish. It also drinks hotter than its 50%. This is a thinking man’s whiskEy. With a cigar more of the bourbon sweetness comes out so likely won’t pair it again.
View attachment 62161
View attachment 62163
I can't wait to rub Midwinters in your face lol 😂

Back