The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

@NurseDave , you might want to look away as I will be probably trying something new to me 😜
#ohnoSam #doesntlearn #stickwithglenmorangie

Tequila: Help me out a little

Our current bottle of Jose Cuero Especial Gold is just about done and it's time to pick up a replacement. Yeah, I know that it is not technically tequila as it is not 100% agave, but it has a reasonable taste. Alas, for whatever reason, I cannot remember all the tequilas I tried in Los Cabos or Cancun ;) , I'm not sure what's "good."

I've been reading some reviews and not looking to spend over $50 CAD for a 750ml, which in Canada might restrict my choices quite a bit, and am leaning towards picking up some Cazadores Anejo. Anyone have any experience with it?

What are some other reasonable good sipping tequilas in the $35-50CAN range?

@NurseDave , you might want to look away as I will be probably trying something new to me 😜
#ohnoSam #doesntlearn #stickwithglenmorangie

Tequila: Help me out a little

Our current bottle of Jose Cuero Especial Gold is just about done and it's time to pick up a replacement. Yeah, I know that it is not technically tequila as it is not 100% agave, but it has a reasonable taste. Alas, for whatever reason, I cannot remember all the tequilas I tried in Los Cabos or Cancun ;) , I'm not sure what's "good."

I've been reading some reviews and not looking to spend over $50 CAD for a 750ml, which in Canada might restrict my choices quite a bit, and am leaning towards picking up some Cazadores Anejo. Anyone have any experience with it?

What are some other reasonable good sipping tequilas in the $35-50CAN range?
Cazadores is good.

I also like Corazon Anejo. My wife loves Herradura Reposado.

I thought about that, but think I read somewhere that Supermodels don't do tequila much.

@dkeester No Corazon Anejo at our provincial liquor store website. Herradura Reposado is listed, but at $75 for 750ml, it's a little steep for me.

Excellent nice video! Total wine i think has started selling dorado. So glad you like the cigar malt. As to tue Johnny Walker i agree and it was developed to be served ice cold. It still is not that good LOL

Isn't that the one by "The Rock" .... 🤨👃🍳? If so, pass.... Not into celebrity start-ups for anything.
Yes it is. Sure there’s some hype around it, like any other celeb endorsed product. But it’s actually decent for me in the end and the price point is decent too 🤷‍♂️

Nice job on the tasting video, @NurseDave . I'd trust your judgement on things more than a certain other person's. (Peach whisky... Boooo!!!!) ;) I had a laugh when the best thing you could say about the Johnny Walker White Walker was "it's not awful." :ROFLMAO:

To celebrate the discovery that @Graybeard57 and I are related :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: , I cracked open my new bottle of Cazadores Anejo tequila. Watched a bunch of reviews of this and their Resposado and while the Resposado seems to be a favorite, the Anejo is supposed to be closer to a scotch/whisky as it is casked longer (1-3 yrs vs 2-12 months).

Much gentler on the nose and palate than the Glen****** scotches, but with the finish, I can see how the comparison can be made. It's probably going to take a little while for me to become accustomed to the cooked agave scent, but it is not unpleasant at all. My initial association with the "new to me" flavour is Sapphire gin. The mixto Jose Cuervo Especial Gold tastes NOTHING like this!

268A6BC7-7B16-4CBA-903D-F1034DB5D3C8.jpeg

Back