The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

@NurseDave oh you great sipper of single malts, A question for you:
- If they're so good, why are they still single? :unsure:

Okay, that's not it. 😇

If I like the big-3 Glens (livet, fiddich, and morangie..... the last one best), which of the following would be up my alley:
- Brook Laddie
- Boona ha van

I know these two Islays are not like the fuity Glens, but I've had peaty peat peat before and liked it. Can't remember the name, but it was pretty expensive @ around 200 Euro for a 750ml according to my nephew of refined tastes in the UK... yeah, I ain't spending that.
Both are good Sam. However, if I were to go for a non-peated Islay (both your choices are) it would be the Classic Laddie all day long. But it comes in at 50% ABV.
Dood, I’m the newbie in this area. Ed was drinking this stuff while I was still, well when I wasn’t. I know the crowd here likes the Classic Laddie, but it didn’t do much for me. So I would say the standard Bunnahabhain line would be more similar but a step up from those you mentioned. But it also isn’t peated. For that you would need the heavily peated Port Charlotte which is a nice intense peat without the crazy ash or bandaid flavors of the big three.
I love Islay…well all Scotches really (the good ones you know) I love the Classic Laddie but more so the distillery and it’s mantra.

The Old Forester wasn’t doin it for me. It had a very bitter off putting finish. Not sure if it’s the whiskey or if my buddy forgot to rinse the sample bottle after cleaning it.

Back to the Ardbeg!

Back