The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Well I have to say I don’t like green olives. So the dirty martini I did not like at all. The Gibson was fine and I liked the cucumber one. Refreshing.

I've heard of you people that don't like olives. Just didn't know you existed. Crazies!

As KJ said, whether shaken or stirred, the martini should cause about the same amount of ice melt. The shaker might cause a tiny bit more, but not noticeably more. The big difference is that the shaker will get the drink much colder more quickly than stirring. So, what Bond is actually asking for is the coldest martini he can get.

<alcohol snobbery>
Also, the only true martini is made with good gin and olives, with maybe a slight hint of dry vermouth.
</alcohol snobbery>

As KJ said, whether shaken or stirred, the martini should cause about the same amount of ice melt. The shaker might cause a tiny bit more, but not noticeably more. The big difference is that the shaker will get the drink much colder more quickly than stirring. So, what Bond is actually asking for is the coldest martini he can get.

I trust Doug. He works in the Q branch.

Coldest Martini that a wuss can drink!

Back