The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Lots of Water. Took January off from the booze this month. Also trying to pluck the Diet Coke addiction. Failing on that front.
\nGood for you Jim, I take a month off at times too. I need to drink more water, not because I don\'t drink it but because I don\'t stop to think to drink it as often as I should especially wen working. Keep thinking about this app Chad uses but don\'t know that I want to get that scientific. Worked for him though

I have been trying to drink more water also. I put these Mio drops in it for some flavor and electrolytes but the drops I bought have no sugar or caffeine so it has to be better than soda

I have been trying to drink more water also. I put these Mio drops in it for some flavor and electrolytes but the drops I bought have no sugar or caffeine so it has to be better than soda
Used those for electrolytes in Puerto Rico. Good stuff verses other mixes but I stick with plain water which I enjoy actually. I'm sure that depends on area water for some though.

I’m interested to hear your thoughts on extended use of products like Mio water drops. I’ve found that I’ve had to stop using them all together. I used to use them quite a bit, but whenever I’d inadvertently have to stop using it for a time, I’d get intense headaches for a couple of days. This happened a number of times. Mine might have had some of the sugared flavoring though. My suspicion was that is was whatever artificial sweetener they used.

Good for you Jim, I take a month off at times too. I need to drink more water, not because I don't drink it but because I don't stop to think to drink it as often as I should especially wen working. Keep thinking about this app Chad uses but don't know that I want to get that scientific. Worked for him though

It is called Water Drink Reminder. I still use it and it's very helpful

It is called Water Drink Reminder. I still use it and it's very helpful
I use it per Chad's suggestion as well. I ended up not tracking my water intake as he does, but the water reminders that pop-up have helped.

I see a lot of guys are trying to increase their water intake. I don't use an app or anything...though I think I might start, mostly because I still think I am not getting enough water. One of the first things I do in the morning is I drink a big glass of water. At work I have a 24 ounce water bottle and I try to drink two of those before lunch and two after lunch also. Then when I get home I try to drink another big glass of water. Sometimes I don't hit this mark, and other times I exceed it. But it seems to have served me pretty well.

While most of ya'll are probably starting you morning I am winding down with this. I'm transitioning to night mode for my night shift tonight.

Looking for any knowledge for ordering alcohol. I had a rum in a bar in Tahoe which I really liked. I've spent a year trying to find it in every store we've been in with no luck. Finally did a little research and found out I don't think it's sold in California. I can find a lot of places in NY using wine-searcher that have it, but shipping is almost $30. It's not an expensive rum, but I need it. Anyone know of any sites that are good for internet alcohol orders? The rum is Ron del Barrilito Superior Especial 3 Star Rum

Are you still looking for this?

If so here .. They basically ship anywhere in the US and prices are one of the best. Chad you might want to look about this too. I think they have a way to get things too.

. https://www.astorwines.com/SearchResultsSingle.aspx?p=2&search=07584&searchtype=Contains

\n\nAre you still looking for this? \n\nIf so here .. They basically ship anywhere in the US and prices are one of the best. Chad you might want to look about this too. I think they have a way to get things too. \n\n. https://www.astorwines.com/SearchResultsSingle.aspx?p=2&search=07584&searchtype=Contains \n\n
\nI think I\'ll do that. Only need to order three for the free shipping! Everyone over to my house for tacos and rum! Except Don, he\'ll give me the stink eye when I pour it into coke.

Back