The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

@BarberDave love that you picked up on all the peanut notes. That's a "distinguishing" aspect of the Beam funk. Can't remember if we called out OGD BiB and OGD 114 in your original request post, but those are some of my favorite value pours.

@BarberDave love that you picked up on all the peanut notes. That's a "distinguishing" aspect of the Beam funk. Can't remember if we called out OGD BiB and OGD 114 in your original request post, but those are some of my favorite value pours.
Had me worried there for a second Ryan…I was thinking to myself - “Uh oh…someone posting in the What are you drinking thread this early can’t be good!” 😜

Had me worried there for a second Ryan…I was thinking to myself - “Uh oh…someone posting in the What are you drinking thread this early can’t be good!” 😜
Hey, it was after 8 over there when he posted

Never tried mezcal before and have a tasting on Monday. I learned the company we’re tasting sources from very small traditional producers. I figured I might need something to compare to. Tried this one at a restaurant tonight. I liked it. A sweet nose. The taste started sweet, moved quickly to smoky and then transitioned to a hot white pepper that lasted forever. I enjoyed experiencing that same change with every sip. I don’t think I’d have more than a dram of it at a time though as the finish is quite strong.
2681C1C2-21D4-4ABD-A388-462FAF39A1B8.jpeg

Never tried mezcal before and have a tasting on Monday. I learned the company we’re tasting sources from very small traditional producers. I figured I might need something to compare to. Tried this one at a restaurant tonight. I liked it. A sweet nose. The taste started sweet, moved quickly to smoky and then transitioned to a hot white pepper that lasted forever. I enjoyed experiencing that same change with every sip. I don’t think I’d have more than a dram of it at a time though as the finish is quite strong.
View attachment 57251
Welcome!

Back