The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

I could seriously make this the “House Single Malt” and be happy….though the other bottles might get upset:..

“There is unrest in the forest
Trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas”…
Nice, A little Rush!

Ribeyes on the grill and a nice Australian 2018 Snake + Herring Cabernet
Saving the Caravan for Sharons birthday on Friday.

This is very nice. Not as full bodied as i would like but very good

9141B671-43EB-4B72-A0E6-CCEFEFAB6FD2.jpeg
and a little monsoon sunset to go with

BECFC7B0-6408-4E80-A82E-D688401A4034.jpeg

Now this is a tasty bourbon and I can understand why it is so highly touted. Wish I could get some of the other barrel strength recipes. Oh well. Hey @BarberDave you want to do a TSC Kentucky trip? 😂
View attachment 57090
hey for the
Now this is a tasty bourbon and I can understand why it is so highly touted. Wish I could get some of the other barrel strength recipes. Oh well. Hey @BarberDave you want to do a TSC Kentucky trip? 😂
View attachment 57090
For the East/South TSC CON we could defintely plan a Kentucky/Tenn Trip You have a ton of stuff not to mention the distilleries . GREAT IDEA

At a minimum take out a second mortgage and rent a Uhaul to get home.
Well I will lend you my enclosed motorcycle trailer so you can place the booze and all the Mesquite wood I am going to give you to take home I have different aged cords 3 yrs, 5 yrs ETC

giphy.gif

Well I found some Knob Creek 9 and here are my uneducated impressions for my 2nd 100 proof vodka and it night and day from the Wolcott BB. I tired it three ways to taste the various notes, and although I have a great nose for Fragrances Whisky might be different and you add taste as well so here gor

NEAT: Strong smell of vanilla, boiled peanuts, butterscotch, marshmallows roasting, burnt sugar, and like a sawdust, Taste was powerful and you could tell it was 100 proof as the viscosity sat on the throat and heated up, more roasted peanut and sugar. Am Oak overtone on the palate with some pepper and Not quite caramel, but again butterscotch. Nice but my palate will need to adjust to having it neat, on the Finish Oak, Oak, now I get the caremel and all peanut brittle but not too sweet

DROPS OF WATER: same basics but a bit more sweet on the mouth feel with water, and not as sweet

ICE: Loved it, great cold sweet finish of Marshmallow, oak, spices, roasted peanuts and peanut brittle lingering on the tongue and throat with a bit toned down heat.. My favorite way so far, as it seems with all bourbons for me, unlike scotch. Very good 1st impressions

83s0dWs.jpg

Back