The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

So back from Lava Hot Springs in Idaho hit the local liquor store hoping to find something special. They are under renovations and haven't stocked up. So it was Wild Turkey 101 and also found a dusty bottle of Buffalo Trace.

The Wild Turkey was excellent in the evening while up camping. But back home and the heat wave is getting ridiculous! So needed something a little refreshing when it's 104 outside! 🥵

IMG_20210711_162314142_HDR.jpg

@CVargo originally the MM 101 was a Travel Retail exclusive, but became a widely distributed seasonal last year. I've been a MMCS guy for a while but I really like the MM101.
Yes I was very excited to finally see this in Utah as we are always late to the party. The flavor of the 101 was way better than the regular. I even preferred to the 46. I think I will always have a bottle in stock assuming I can always find it.

Not much of a beer guy but I had a local special last night with dinner, only brewed once a year for the area’s Avocado Festival! Island Brewing Avocado Honey Ale…this one I could have regularly! Of course it had to be a limited brew 🙄

That’s supposed to be the shi…. Stuff
It is absolutely amazing. I'll be going back soon and buying a couple back ups. Shame this year's release is Utah only but I guess that means more for me.

Although Kyle, Stacy, Megan, and I will be in SF next week.

@Somnos I'm not a gin guy, but this caught my eye. Any experience?

Bruichladdich "Botanist" Gin (750ml)​

Wine Enthusiast
Outer quote mark
Although the “Botanist” name might suggest a floral gin, instead the flavor profile veers toward herbs and spices. There’s a subtle, herbal scent, with anise flavors up front, backed by coriander seed and cassia bark on the spicy finish. Made by Bruichladdich Distillery, which is renowned for its Scotch, on a pot-still named Ugly Betty. Sold in an attractive, square-shouldered, gift-worthy bottle. (KN)
Inner quote mark

Wine Enthusiast
Outer quote mark
Although the “Botanist” name might suggest a floral gin, instead the flavor profile veers toward herbs and spices. There’s a subtle, herbal scent, with anise flavors up front, backed by coriander seed and cassia bark on the spicy finish. Made by Bruichladdich Distillery, which is renowned for its Scotch, on a pot-still named Ugly Betty. Sold in an attractive, square-shouldered, gift-worthy bottle. (KN)
Inner quote mark
Nope none but I have been eyeballing it for months. We have though an abundance of gin and literally we have three or four back up bottles of each. However, understanding just how good that distillery is…I am quite sure that gin is phenomenal.

Wine Enthusiast
Outer quote mark
Inner quote mark

Never tried it, but it sounds quite tasty and the Bruichladdich crew really know what they are doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope none but I have been eyeballing it for months. We have though an abundance of gin and literally we have three or four back up bottles of each. However, understanding just how good that distillery is…I am quite sure that gin is phenomenal.

Never tried it, but it sounds quite tasty and the Bruichladdich crew really know what they are doing.
Welp, I'll let you know, Ordered it.

Back