The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Breaking open the new KC Barrel Pick tonight. Little less than 10 years old. First impressions are very good!

18234ad771a1023356a4871ca2b6c9b9.jpg

I did a sampling of the Bulleit Rye. Pretty subpar for a rye, will. Probably hit the mixer shelf.

And had a sampling of the Ezra 99. This is actually a decent bourbon at it's price point. Moderately surprised. This could become a camping whiskey for sure.

I did a sampling of the Bulleit Rye. Pretty subpar for a rye, will. Probably hit the mixer shelf.

And had a sampling of the Ezra 99. This is actually a decent bourbon at it's price point. Moderately surprised. This could become a camping whiskey for sure.
I've never been a huge fan of Bulleit, bourbon or rye. Nothing bad, but nothing particularly special either. Plenty of better options at the price point in my experience.

Haven't tried the Ezra 99 but would be interested to see how it stacks against my beloved WT101.

We’ll Ryan looks like tonight I will celebrate a belated Canada Day and an early Independence Day! Cheers to you my Brothers of the Blade to the South and wherever you may be laying your hats these days! Stay safe!
5D8CCE77-3A5D-4345-93CB-43EECB7D71AE.jpeg2C058B50-5329-47C6-8CC5-6454716E2349.jpeg

Back