The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Can I say I'm finding it very interesting and sometimes frustrating finding out how much the taste of whisky changes from day to day? I'll go back to something I know I loved and find it just ok, or something I'm not in the mood for. Last night I decided to give Laphroiag Port & Wine cask another go. I wasn't thrilled with it when I've had it in the past. It was super interesting this time. The first sips were a nice round fruity sweetness followed by the smoky punch. About halfway through, I decided to try with water. That was very yummy. I like at $90 I still won't be tracking down a backup bottle, but the change in taste was fun. But, also frustrating when you're trying to decide on full bottle purchases from one sample.

Anyone ever has this? Thinking I would grab it for $100. Not sure at $140.
View attachment 53347
I have not and there are none at the LCBO. That seems a hefty discount. From a straight exchange angle that would equate to $120 CDN a bottle and a Quarter Cask sells for $89 and a 10 for $79. I’d snap it up at that price here in Canada. Laphroig Lore sells for $199!

I have not and there are none at the LCBO. That seems a hefty discount. From a straight exchange angle that would equate to $120 CDN a bottle and a Quarter Cask sells for $89 and a 10 for $79. I’d snap it up at that price here in Canada. Laphroig Lore sells for $199!
Done deal. If my wife asks, Ed told me to.

Back