The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Are all the Aberlour line sherried? Or just this A’bunadh? A bit pricey for me...but maybe I can swing a sneaky buy.
The standard line is "double casked" which is both traditional oak and sherry casked liquids. The A'bunadh is straight sherry and cask strength.

How was your first dram of the 16??
The 16 smooths out the sharpest astringent note. Which I like. So I would pick the 16 over the 10 any day of the week, if price wasn’t a factor. BUT I forget where I got it from, I think it was over twice what the 10 costs. For that price I think I would buy other things.

The 16 smooths out the sharpest astringent note. Which I like. So I would pick the 16 over the 10 any day of the week, if price wasn’t a factor. BUT I forget where I got it from, I think it was over twice what the 10 costs. For that price I think I would buy other things.
The 16 was a special release and not part of the standard offering so at least it's not a decision you'd need to make often. Agree with the above, it wasn't worth over twice the price of the standard 10. I personally rank QC>CS>10 and thankfully the QC is only $5 than the standard 10 in our area. If only our Costco's here sourced decent stuff, I've seen quite a few posts of various Laphroaig offerings at various West Coast locations.

Tasted through three different Bruichladdich scotches while watching The Water of Life.

Back