The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Last night I sampled from the Glengoyne sampler pack I got. While the taste did get better with age. I don't think I'll be buying a full bottle of any of these. So in that regard, getting the sample pack was a win. For non-peated stuff I'm liking Craigellachie much better. I might take the leap in buying the 17y of that one to try out.

Meant to Coravin a glass of Davis Estates Merlot. Wasn’t thinking and pulled the cork, so it’s wine for me the rest of the evening.

Benriach The Smoky Twelve. This is my favorite of my new bottles. It’s like smoky rock candy. Not challenging as the hair on your chest peated scotches, but oh so yummy.

We’ll now as I sit on the back deck with the wifey (who brought this one home) I do believe I will go pick up a back up bottle of this guy. It is Knob Creek 9 amped up. That extra 10 proof makes a difference. As it gets some cool air in its glass out here on the deck it just gets bigger. Lovely bourbon!

We’ll now as I sit on the back deck with the wifey (who brought this one home) I do believe I will go pick up a back up bottle of this guy. It is Knob Creek 9 amped up. That extra 10 proof makes a difference. As it gets some cool air in its glass out here on the deck it just gets bigger. Lovely bourbon!
Does the LCBO do picks up in the Great White North? I feel like I should know this for obvious reasons but it's escaping me if barrel picks are domestic only...

Does the LCBO do picks up in the Great White North? I feel like I should know this for obvious reasons but it's escaping me if barrel picks are domestic only...
Nope they do not. They throw things on sale regularly and have clearance sections for stock that doesn't move in a particular location but that is a "pure luck" process. I have visited one store selling a bottle of wine for $89 only to find the same one on clearance at $67 at another location! They will have a selection of wines and spirits ever month so I guess that is a "pick" of sorts but not in the sense the US will have a Total Wine pick of Bourbon etc.

Laphroaig 10 Sherry Cask - oh boy, first impressions of this bottle are very good!

2873b2c7003f9835e8d244c913cba01b.jpg

Back