The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Eagle Rare. Ok, ok. Interesting. Not what I was expecting. Tastes more like a rye than a bourbon to me. And from what I understand this is mash bill #1 from Buffalo Trace which is their low rye. It must be the extra years in the barrel that’s adding the spice? It does finish the typical nut note of bourbon.

Eagle Rare. Ok, ok. Interesting. Not what I was expecting. Tastes more like a rye than a bourbon to me. And from what I understand this is mash bill #1 from Buffalo Trace which is their low rye. It must be the extra years in the barrel that’s adding the spice? It does finish the typical nut note of bourbon.
Yes it is. 10 years I believe. You are getting the oak spice and it will be dry on the finish. Let it breath awhile buddy.

Lagavulin 16. Okay, it’s actually been a decent while since I’ve had this. Been a rough evening so I got out the step ladder to reach to the back of the cabinet and open a new bottle.

OMG I forgot how good this is. I knew I really liked it, but wow.

Polished off another bottle from the bar this evening - Legent. Enjoyed it very much but not sure I'd purchase again over a bottle of Wild Turkey Rare Breed or KCSB.

42a9bf985cbeb88f76713ddbc3f5f21c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Polished off another bottle from the bar this evening - Legent. Enjoyed it very much but not sure I'd purchase again over a bottle of Wild Turkey Rare Breed or KCSB.

42a9bf985cbeb88f76713ddbc3f5f21c.jpg

I have been wondering about that one. See it quite often but never scooped one.

I have been wondering about that one. See it quite often but never scooped one.
At the revised lower price I've seen it at ($35 vs the $50 I think it was originally retailed at) it's more intriguing to me. It definitely has the bourbon notes but also some nice sweet wine finished notes as well.

Back