The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

No nutty notes?!
I was trying to pick that out but I couldn’t. Maple Cinnamon notes turned to caramel towards the end and I could get the vanilla and some good oak. Also got some apple in it. Might just be me though. I’ll try it down the line again and see.

I was trying to pick that out but I couldn’t. Maple Cinnamon notes turned to caramel towards the end and I could get the vanilla and some good oak. Also got some apple in it. Might just be me though. I’ll try it down the line again and see.

Hey, everyone's palate is different right?? I used to get mad that I couldn't pick up on the cherry note so often attributed to Stagg Jr. Then one bottle I got was just straight cherries. No peanuts in the KC, no foul! :ROFLMAO:

Hey, everyone's palate is different right?? I used to get mad that I couldn't pick up on the cherry note so often attributed to Stagg Jr. Then one bottle I got was just straight cherries. No peanuts in the KC, no foul! :ROFLMAO:
I must be honest though sometimes it drives me a bit bonkers. “Hey did you get “blah-blah” in that dram?”....and I have had many, MANY....glasses/bottles of just about everything good, bad and indifferent. I’ll sit there with some fresh water to cleanse the palate, some distilled water...some water from the damn region the whiskey comes from! (Laugh but look it up...😂) For the life of me I just won’t get the that “note”...IT almost happened last night with the “nutty” bit...but it was Thursday after a longish day and I figured you of all would get it...😂. We’ll try for it next time out!

Back