The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Working on finished the 1.5l "Beefy George" Beaujolais from yesterday's Thanksgiving dinner. Down to the last 1/2 litre now (I think) . @mvargo (aka. Megan) would be a much better judge on how much is left. How can she see inside the box, anyways?

A dram of Smokey Joe tonight. And @Somnos I’m getting that buttered popcorn on the finish again.
Is it really prominent on the finish @NurseDave ? Normally that buttery tatse is a combination of peat smoke and apple, lemon, oak and brown sugar notes coming from the barrel its aged in. I have no idea what from Islay is mishmashed in there. You don't mind a little "butter" but just like you don't want a super buttery chardonnay (I don't anyway) you don't want a buttery whiskey. I say cleanse your palate, next dram drop a 1/2 teaspoon of water in it and see where it goes.

Picked this up at my local liquor store. Supposedly, it is made by one of the founders of Tito's Vodka, basically following the same plan they made Tito's with. It's a lot cheaper cost wise, though, without the name and notoriety.

In my head, I'm likening it to South American wines... High quality, but low cost to nudge into the market owned for so long by french and italian wineries.

Whatever the case, it's good. No, I didn't really drink it from a straw. [emoji2957]
cfc5e0b4ad649066566f2f14d9ef69c6.jpg

Had a sip of Fireball. I see how people can get messed up on that. It’s like candy. Just figured I should see what all the hype is about. Kid stuff.

Next was a dram of High West Campfire. Of course the name sucked me in. The nose is menthol, green NyQuil and bit of green smoke. I dunno what the taste is, but it’s like it’s wanting to be smoky scotch, but bought the ingredients for scotch at the Dollar Tree. Glad I only got a small bottle and will try to get rid of it on ice in the future.

So finished the evening with Laphroaig Triple Wood so my mouth wouldn’t be sad.

Back