The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Nobody answered my question. Do they tastes like pecans too?
At times you will pick up a distinct nuttiness and some vanilla. Depends on the mash bill, charring vs toasting a of the barrel its aged in and for how long it has sat around.

Got it, so bourbon is like the Fisher Price version of scotch :D
Except Scotch producers buy and have bought for a very long time pretty much all the first fill oak casks Bourbon producers make. Bourbon casks get used once (for the most part) and then shipped off to Scotland.

I know. Mostly just a joke. But it commenting on easy to appreciate note of nuts and sweetness vs campfire and intensity (yes I know not all scotch is like that)

Last night I kept it a little light, as the week before @uacowboy kept egging me on and I felt it the next morning (that's my story!)

So yesterday I just enjoyed two small drams from my new to me bourbon. The Wild Turkey Longbranch. This bottle was most excellent and a real treat! Very smooth and very easy to drink neat.

As the night progressed I did opt to enjoy a couple Busch Lattes.

When you have too much Kirklands 12 year scotch because you were curious and bought it, and dont want it straight, you get some sweet vermouth and mix with a splash of rhubarb bitters. Rob Roys tonight.

PS: Yes that is a Death Star ice cube :cool:

20201008_161753.jpg

2x Beam and Ginger

306731ad7286cb5ecb233e9987a31e12.jpg

Back