The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Hey Chris I have been eyeballin that for a bit...how is it?
Great price which is why I grabbed it. A very good Rye, smooth enough and a very distinct rye flavor (like a spice but not spicy...if that makes sense). Definitely better than the $18-$20 price tag would suggest ( I got it on sale for $18 but it was $20 regular price).

Great price which is why I grabbed it. A very good Rye, smooth enough and a very distinct rye flavor (like a spice but not spicy...if that makes sense). Definitely better than the $18-$20 price tag would suggest ( I got it on sale for $18 but it was $20 regular price).
Thanks Chris...but up here it’s $50+ So I will scoop me a bottle next time out!

Still holding your high regard for Monkey Shoulder? If I don’t pick up a bourbon, I may have to try it next!
There are two whiskeys that I would have (and do) as my house whiskey...one is my fav Irish whiskey...Roe & Co.
75133D91-4A06-4272-A851-0F0CC3ADB260.jpeg
The second is Monkey Shoulder. You have those available and a good Pinot Noir (the Swiss army knife of wines) and you will be the Uber-host!

My grand dad who was a sommelier use to make a point that you should alsways have some Pinot Noir on hand for parties and guests. I spent 3 months of my first 16 years on this planet in Portugal with him and my grand mother. Learned a lot. Really anyone who drinks white and doesn’t know if they like red will be be impressed with a Pinot Noir. It goes with anything...

My grand dad who was a sommelier use to make a point that you should alsways have some Pinot Noir on hand for parties and guests. I spent 3 months of my first 16 years on this planet in Portugal with him and my grand mother. Learned a lot. Really anyone who drinks who’re and doesn’t know if they like red will be be impressed with a Pinot Noir. It goes with anything...
I agree, hence the emoji 👍

Thanks Chris...but up here it’s $50+ So I will scoop me a bottle next time out!
Wow, I have my eye on some other whiskey that’s approaching $40 and am having trouble getting it because I’m too cheap.
I don’t think I’ve seen it mentioned here but good ol Jeremiah Weed Makes me happy. A bit (A lot) sweet but At 100proof the sipping is good. Another $20 or under option when it can be found. I live near an old air base, this stuff is/was a favorite of the pilots there.

Back