The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

So I’ve heard that when tasting whisky you take just a small sip like you’re drinking hot coffee. This makes sense because if you’re tasting many of them you’ll be blotto pretty quick if you’re taking big swigs. But it’s also BS because many whiskies I didn’t like on tasting I do like once you get enough to give your tongue a nice thick coating.

So I’ve heard that when tasting whisky you take just a small sip like you’re drinking hot coffee. This makes sense because if you’re tasting many of them you’ll be blotto pretty quick if you’re taking big swigs. But it’s also BS because many whiskies I didn’t like on tasting I do like once you get enough to give your tongue a nice thick coating.
Pour a glass and drink it...if you like it pour another glass and drink it...stop. Come back tomorrow and taste another bottle...Repeat as you wish. It’s not food at a Michelin star or three restaurant...it’s your mouth and your arse in your favourite chair...it should be easy...stop making it HARD DAVE!

Pour a glass and drink it...if you like it pour another glass and drink it...stop. Come back tomorrow and taste another bottle...Repeat as you wish. It’s not food at a Michelin star or three restaurant...it’s your mouth and your arse in your favourite chair...it should be easy...stop making it HARD DAVE!
source.gif

lol, so I realize this is in the same vain as White Claw, but it really does make a good breakfast beer on vacation at 10am. lol.
View attachment 32922

Yea everyone already judges me so it's okay. But the Mike's Cherry Limeade is very refreshing. I also like those Twisted Teas.

Also worst part about working at home is opening the fridge for breakfast or lunch and NOT grabbing a beer.

Glenlivet Founder’s...mmmmmmmMMMmm...I just realized how much I missed bourbon and scotch now, lol. Way more palatable than my last couple rabbit trails.

In comparison to what I remember about Glenmorangie, this is lighter, a bit more crisp, less oily on the tongue, less peaty, and a bit smoother. Great finger pour with a single ice cube to cool it!

Back