The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Glenlivet Founder’s...mmmmmmmMMMmm...I just realized how much I missed bourbon and scotch now, lol. Way more palatable than my last couple rabbit trails.

In comparison to what I remember about Glenmorangie, this is lighter, a bit more crisp, less oily on the tongue, less peaty, and a bit smoother. Great finger pour with a single ice cube to cool it!
It goes great with a Paqui Chaser.....(y)(y)

Particularly excited about this one. I've been fortunate enough to have visited the Maker's distillery in Loretto on multiple occasions now and always made it a point to pick up the 46 Cask Strength that was previously only available at the gift shop.

Love that this is a wide release offering now, even if limited to a few months per year.

53e9567df54f5eb00fb7c1e8b857d44e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Well since the first bottle of Blood Orange was so good, we added Lemon and of course the Blood Orange came back with his buddy Pink Grapefruit...Gin Italian style! Bellissimo!

EE092765-1E31-4C15-915F-4F1B247566E4.jpeg

I would say something to back Chad up on this, but then it would think it negates all the rediculous stuff he does. So I'm just keeping my mouth shut.

Actually I have heard the Kirkland stuff is pretty good. We don’t get any here in Ontario but Quebec does.

Macallan makes Kirkland Scotch
Jim Beam makes the bourbon and the rum
Grey Goose makes the vodka

I'd say it's pretty smart to buy Kirkland, especially for party situations.

They have posted this? I know their wines they can't release the wineries they use. Though I did hear once some of them that sent wines for consideration and they aren't shabby.

They have posted this? I know their wines they can't release the wineries they use. Though I did hear once some of them that sent wines for consideration and they aren't shabby.

Some googling will let ya know. Granted some of it is speculation. BUT if the so called experts of a particular spirit claim it, personally I'm led to believe it's better than picking the bottom shelf at a liquor store.

The Scotch is pretty well known though. But Costco hasn't come out and confirmed it.

Actually I have heard the Kirkland stuff is pretty good. We don’t get any here in Ontario but Quebec does.
Chad...I’ll need a little more than “it’s’ true I tell you”...on that one. Now the buyers at Kirkland pissed of the whole planet when they said “buying wine is like buying toilet paper”...”we buy lots so we get a good deal”....

Well I personally have not bought their wine, so I can't speak to that.

But some simple googling can let ya know about the others.

Back