The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

Lisa let us know yesterday that her Somali Rose scent is going away for good. So I put in an order for a tub of it from Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Some original Wilkinson London Bridge blades, to replace an order that apparently was lost in transit.
9NcCNll.jpg

Check out this awesome Calico Cream Finisher(12-15k) I’m a waiting to be delivered! Mined here in the USA, it’s a Limestone with a very even grain size silica without shell inclusions. Should be fun to try out!

View attachment 49478
I have to get a good finishing stone myself sometime because the highest I have is an 8k , I have been using an old franz swatty barbers hone which i think is a higher grit to finish on , but think I would benefit from a higher grit I just haven't been able to find one to get that isn't out of my price range..... Where do you guys find these nice stones that don't break the bank or are all you guys just rolling in the money?

I have to get a good finishing stone myself sometime because the highest I have is an 8k , I have been using an old franz swatty barbers hone which i think is a higher grit to finish on , but think I would benefit from a higher grit I just haven't been able to find one to get that isn't out of my price range..... Where do you guys find these nice stones that don't break the bank or are all you guys just rolling in the money?
Definitely not rolling in the money here. This one is a 6X2.5 hand stone. It’s about $75 and it comes with a slurry stone. I’ll test this guy out and let you know what I think of it before recommending it as I’ve only heard a few folks talk about them and it’s all good things.
Another USA made stone that didn’t break the bank is an ancient ocean jasper hone from https://www.naturalwhetstonesharpening.com . I really do like this stone, but their stones do not come flat and require significant time to lap them for razor use.

Check out this awesome Calico Cream Finisher(12-15k) I’m a waiting to be delivered! Mined here in the USA, it’s a Limestone with a very even grain size silica without shell inclusions. Should be fun to try out!

View attachment 49478
A little more about these stones. They are mined in the small town of Calico Rock, in North Central Arkansas, near the White River(wonderful trout fishing!!!). It has a fine concentration of silica within this limestone and the rock is on the softer side. Really excited to try this one out!
He also included a small sample of his Dota Creek fine hone as well, 6-8K is his estimate. Very nice seller!

The seller finished my stones up today, these are the rocks I’m getting!
8B282BD2-6378-4D3E-8166-0822069F4D81.jpeg

Back