The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

Updated the cord on my1965 Sunbeam T35 toaster. Thing of beauty.
372c556b2d5674543a5f9fae049b1f10.jpg

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Lol yea sorry was driving and I accidentally hit the reply Button before I wrote the text. ( I know my bad )

"Why is it I always get my best ideas while shaving?" ~ Albert Einstein

What is that, some sort of lotion or balm? There's no lye (hydroxides) in their ingredients, so that can't be soap, right?
They are shave soaps - vegan based - I’ll have to reach out to see what they are using for the base element instead of the lye

You can't make soap without lye. They must be omitting it from their label.
True - either it isn’t a true soap - or potentially one of the plant based ingredients are acting as the Saponification agent……or they do list glycerin- I wonder if that really is a melt and pour soap. I can reach out to them if you like - they have been really responsive to me

Dawn dish soap in luke warm (not hot! Don’t want to warp the plastic) water. Let soak. Scrub with a soft bristled toothbrush.
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it a lot... I had heard good things about these razors from others and got this one for soooo cheap I think I will be happy with it... So do you think whatever that is on the blade opening will clean up okay?

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it a lot... I had heard good things about these razors from others and got this one for soooo cheap I think I will be happy with it... So do you think whatever that is on the blade opening will clean up okay?
Won’t know till you try!

Back