The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

Not something I would collect but they certainly are historically interesting.

Did you pick up the ones (with the same subject) that were in your photo of the Antique Store stuff?
And @Luecke3262

No and to be honest I didn't notice them at the time while I was there. I didn't realize they had them until I posted the pictures on here. I tried to make out the price in the picture but it looks like they say 75 dollars or something like that and the ones I bought were about a tenth of that and look in better shape. I'm gonna go back and see sometime.

Not shaving related, but grooming-related, sort of. A German silver glasses case from the William Schimper company, which operated in New York from 1867 to around 1918. I like stuff with history.
wWOVRUy.jpg
iEA0kJO.jpg

The Rockwell T2 arrived this afternoon. Needless to say, I was a tad dismayed to see this area of discoloration on one of the safety bars. Wiping it with a microfiber cloth didn't remove it, nor did giving it a light scrubbing using a toothbrush and dish soap. Running my fingernail lightly across it did nothing either. Just as I was about to reach out to the seller I decided to try a little dab of toothpaste on a soft cloth. Two light passes along the bar and the discoloration was completely gone. Whew!

I discovered several others online had similar issues with the finish on their T2s. One stated Rockwell suggested wiping the area with a very mild vinegar solution. I think toothpaste is the better option. Just thought I'd share in case someone picks one up and has a similar issue.

20210915_132556.jpg

Some H.zone aftershaves. I've read favorable reviews of their scents. And I found a site that has them on sale for $6.50 each, so I ordered 5 to get free shipping. I'm hoping it's not 'too good to be true.'

wL0EJI1.jpg

And because I have been missing the network evening news and football games since cutting the cable cord, I decided to try a FLATenna 35 indoor TV antenna. It's gotten good reviews and was only $10 from the manufacturer, so I think it's worth a try.
Kv578Ly.jpg

Back