The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

Well, it's going to be a while (just ordered it), but this is enroute...

I found on a brush of the day post, in another neighborhood, this guy. It is on sale at IB for $28. I had to jump on it at that price.

This will make 4 badgers, when all eventually come in (plus a mixed brush).

Exciting!
e662ca38ec5cf47b446a97bd01f56ddc.jpg

Well, it's going to be a while (just ordered it), but this is enroute...

I found on a brush of the day post, in another neighborhood, this guy. It is on sale at IB for $28. I had to jump on it at that price.

This will make 4 badgers, when all eventually come in (plus a mixed brush).

Exciting!
e662ca38ec5cf47b446a97bd01f56ddc.jpg
Oops, without mentioning that it's a 24mm Silvertip, the "great deal" part isn't as apparent. Lol.

A couple straight razors. A Genco Easy Aces:
DA9BD78A-E004-47FF-8159-2FB841E56098.jpeg

And a C-Mon Blackie
23004C95-3335-481D-97F2-A8C0CD2A0B40.jpeg
Both have been on The List for years, but I’ve never found either at a price I was willing to pay or in the condition that I’d prefer. Then I found both in one night. Both will need a bit of work, but I’m excited to add them to the stable.

From The Razor Company

Irish Moos Aftershave
Wickham 1912 Cashmere Shaving Soap
Wickham 1912 Cashmere Aftershave

From West Coast Shaving

Barrister and Mann The Full Measure of Man Shaving Soap
Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 DE Razor

From Ariana & Evans

Spartacus Shaving Soap
Asian Pear Shaving Soap

From Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements

Clubguy Artisan Shave Soap

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

View attachment 47698

And a C-Mon Blackie
View attachment 47699
Both have been on The List for years, but I’ve never found either at a price I was willing to pay or in the condition that I’d prefer. Then I found both in one night. Both will need a bit of work, but I’m excited to add them to the stable.
@Smattayu Nice score, congrats. Is that C-Mon made in Ellicottville , NY? I've been looking for a good one of those for a while.

View attachment 47698

And a C-Mon Blackie
View attachment 47699
Awesome! The Easy Aces is my favorite Genco, it shaved effortlessly! The blackie looks great too, congratulations!

I’ve been watching that one, but decided to pick up one that needed to be restored. Nice score!

Seems to be a trend around here lately with these. Awesome find.
I've been curious about bellied hollow razors for a while. I don't see them often and they are usually on the pricier side when I do, so this one was kind of a no brainer for me. There are a lot of Simmons Hardware razors out there as well, and most of them seem like good quality for a more reasonable price over many of the ones where you're paying for the name as much as anything else.

Back