The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

So I have been drooling over this handle since Tim @Knothead joined the forum (months ago), every few weeks I would go look at it like a puppy in the window, well I can't take it anymore and I had to have it. 2021 continues to be the Year of "Fenster buys everything he wants", lol. Off to pick out a knot now...

1613160899025.png1613160928814.png

So I have been drooling over this handle since Tim @Knothead joined the forum (months ago), every few weeks I would go look at it like a puppy in the window, well I can't take it anymore and I had to have it. 2021 continues to be the Year of "Fenster buys everything he wants", lol. Off to pick out a knot now...

View attachment 47296View attachment 47297
I had been eyeing that one as well. 🤩

Not shaving related, unless I get a really heavy razor.

Needed a new light duty belt for training. Pioneer makes the best. Pioneer Hybrid Belt, leather and nylon construction.

Digital-Camo-Hybrid.jpg

So I was so excited by the Badger I just got that I was gonna going to order another (and I still will, probably from a good BST down the road). Then I remembered my display brush I ruined.

For those who don't recall I tried to boil out the knot and ended up dulling the color and removing the ink from most of the etching.

Well looking online I found a trick to hand polish a dull rubberset type brush with car wax. Grabbed some from the garage and have it a try. It didn't restore the color but it did bring shine back to the overall surface. So, with some tool and some new determination, I managed to get the knot out (not clean, but I'll work on it).

So, I ordered a 20mm mixed boar / badger to set in there (which will be closer to the original boar they used in these). Hoping I like the mixed... as I loved the badger, hated the boar. Fingers crossed!
0b2fba470de960c7a5b7458238b5bde2.jpg
0820e153107bb7b500a05d8d15e12711.jpg

So I was so excited by the Badger I just got that I was gonna going to order another (and I still will, probably from a good BST down the road). Then I remembered my display brush I ruined.

For those who don't recall I tried to boil out the knot and ended up dulling the color and removing the ink from most of the etching.

Well looking online I found a trick to hand polish a dull rubberset type brush with car wax. Grabbed some from the garage and have it a try. It didn't restore the color but it did bring shine back to the overall surface. So, with some tool and some new determination, I managed to get the knot out (not clean, but I'll work on it).

So, I ordered a 20mm mixed boar / badger to set in there (which will be closer to the original boar they used in these). Hoping I like the mixed... as I loved the badger, hated the boar. Fingers crossed!
Looking good...Are you gonna reapply the letter coloring?

Boiling is never a good idea, I think @Graydog melted/deformed one. He may still have pix.

ahh.. Well he could clean out the lettering with one of those dental style piks sold at dollar tree couldnt he? Then he could redo the lettering with something like model paint and then reapply a coat of wax over that? Just curious because I had to do that with a brush im working on..
View attachment 47363
Wow! That lettering looks awesome. I should have done that to begin with. Ooh well, perhaps if it comes out awesome with the brush head, I'll continue to work on it. 👍

I did a good, albeit cheap, push to up my badger game this weekend...

Ordered a WCS 24mm Pure Badger brush

A 20mm Shave forge mixed badger / boar knot (to out in an eveready handle I already have

A Yaqi 22mm Sagrada Familia Two band badger brush

The last one will take the scenic route (from China) and arrive in April.

In the end, I'll have 3 badgers and a mixed brush to join my synthetic army. [emoji6]
c4c54bda84acc6b353d7c0a5ca40946a.jpg
1baa261975cc53af77475679e4818b7f.jpg

8b20c190cdca3475466dab796c3ae9bc.jpg

I did a good, albeit cheap, push to up my badger game this weekend...

Ordered a WCS 24mm Pure Badger brush

A 20mm Shave forge mixed badger / boar knot (to out in an eveready handle I already have

A Yaqi 22mm Sagrada Familia Two band badger brush

The last one will take the scenic route (from China) and arrive in April.

In the end, I'll have 3 badgers and a mixed brush to join my synthetic army. [emoji6]
c4c54bda84acc6b353d7c0a5ca40946a.jpg
1baa261975cc53af77475679e4818b7f.jpg

8b20c190cdca3475466dab796c3ae9bc.jpg
is there a pic missing? you say 4 things but i only see 3....
confused 4.gif

Back