The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

is there a pic missing? you say 4 things but i only see 3....
View attachment 47500
Let's see, I posted:

"Ordered a WCS 24mm Pure Badger brush

A 20mm Shave forge mixed badger / boar knot (to out in an eveready handle I already have

A Yaqi 22mm Sagrada Familia Two band badger brush"

Just 3 things. Perhaps it was the mention of having four brushes in the badger variety? That's because of this guy I got last week. [emoji848]

877f8c2a7eeff97766de097e627a2033.jpg

Got a bottle of Nicolai “Patchouli Intense” and several samples from Lucky Scent on the way. Samples are CdG “WonderOud”, Amouage “Lyric for Men”, Diptyque “Oud Palao” & Penhaligon’s “Halfeti”.

View attachment 47501
Haven’t tried Patchouli Intense, but most frags from Nicolai that I’ve smelled are amazing, and I absolutely love Halfeti.

I was going through my stored shaving stuff and found a Rubberset 400 knockoff that I honestly don’t even remember buying, much less from who lol. Seeing that, plus all the badger talk from @mrdoug made me itch to try a new badger knot, so I ordered two Gelousy knots from APshave, a fan and a bulb. I’ll try each one in the handle, and probably put the other in the next handle I turn once I’m able to do so.

Let's see, I posted:

"Ordered a WCS 24mm Pure Badger brush

A 20mm Shave forge mixed badger / boar knot (to out in an eveready handle I already have

A Yaqi 22mm Sagrada Familia Two band badger brush"

Just 3 things. Perhaps it was the mention of having four brushes in the badger variety? That's because of this guy I got last week. [emoji848]

877f8c2a7eeff97766de097e627a2033.jpg
That must be it.. Thank you for the reply.. I was thinking I must be going crazier than my wife says I am already.... I appreciate your time ....

Yeah.... So, I was up late looking at vintage soaps again... found some deals though! Now to find the aftershaves!
View attachment 47561
My friend that owns one of the local antique stores has or had the last time I was able to get over there one of the Yardley wood bowls with the soap in it.. I think he only wanted like 10 dollars or so for his... And @Spider I am still gonna ask him about what we talked about when I can get over there...

My friend that owns one of the local antique stores has or had the last time I was able to get over there one of the Yardley wood bowls with the soap in it.. I think he only wanted like 10 dollars or so for his... And @Spider I am still gonna ask him about what we talked about when I can get over there...
That’s a very respectable price for a Vintage Yardley bowl...with a decent amount of soap still in it (or a mostly unused soap) that is a VERY respectable price. I have quite a collection of yardley bowls (with and without soap), I enjoy restoring them and I really enjoy the old soaps. I like getting the old bowls/soaps at reasonably low prices so I feel like I can use them and enjoy them.

I’m friendly with the local antique shops but I’m very thankful I’m not ‘friends’ with any of the owners, that could get me into big trouble.

That’s a very respectable price for a Vintage Yardley bowl...with a decent amount of soap still in it (or a mostly unused soap) that is a VERY respectable price. I have quite a collection of yardley bowls (with and without soap), I enjoy restoring them and I really enjoy the old soaps. I like getting the old bowls/soaps at reasonably low prices so I feel like I can use them and enjoy them.

I’m friendly with the local antique shops but I’m very thankful I’m not ‘friends’ with any of the owners, that could get me into big trouble.
I have been lucky the owner knows Not to go overboard on getting to much stuff for me. He only looks for select stuff or stuff he knows I might like...

I’ve been on a bit of a buying spree lately, but it’s all been well below market prices, so I’m saving money by spending money! Right?? That’s the way it works, I think!
Found this L’Occitane Cade Aluminum Bowl and refill on an auction site. I threw out a ludicrous offer and they accepted(maybe by accident??).
67EEC4CD-97DE-49E1-9C9D-7EF2F0797E28.jpeg

The aluminum will easily clean up with some Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish and the buffing wheel will finish up what mothers can’t get.
780DEE8F-5B0A-441C-86C8-8E524FE84013.jpeg

I’ve been on a bit of a buying spree lately, but it’s all been well below market prices, so I’m saving money by spending money! Right?? That’s the way it works, I think!
Found this L’Occitane Cade Aluminum Bowl and refill on an auction site. I threw out a ludicrous offer and they accepted(maybe by accident??).
View attachment 47632

The aluminum will easily clean up with some Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish and the buffing wheel will finish up what mothers can’t get.
View attachment 47633

Nice Haul and a great soap.
One of my Favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 47632

View attachment 47633
Nice score!

View attachment 47632

View attachment 47633

697D897A-01B1-4448-B042-CC54C61D3BE2.jpeg

Ok, so the woman I bought all the Art of Shaving soaps from was apparently a store employee who cleaned the store out when it closed down. She contacted me with an offer to buy a TI Strop, two TI 7 day razor boxes, a TI Straight, and Dovo Straight. There were also a bunch of brushes(pure etc), but I chose to pick up an unused store display silvertip(only $10) and a boxed Silvertip Badger. I’m stupefied why she wants to sell it all for so cheap, less than half the price! So it looks like I have more incoming... Good thing the ol’ razor piggy bank isn’t empt this month!!!
8D1F07E2-CE3B-41AA-8628-C2C02F062907.jpeg1180BDCE-D7F2-44D8-AEB2-90436D298E05.jpegA6A5510D-B5F3-4601-9F1A-14F5B1AA6358.jpeg

Back