The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

I loved Moon Soaps Amaretto so much I'm going to try out the other four, starting with Havana.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
You have me intrigued... How would you compare this to Cella, scent-wise? My biggest gripe with Cella was the scent strength... At times, you could tell you were using a scented soap.

Might have to look into this at some point.

You have me intrigued... How would you compare this to Cella, scent-wise? My biggest gripe with Cella was the scent strength... At times, you could tell you were using a scented soap.

Might have to look into this at some point.
The Amaretto Speciale is a richer scent than Cella. I think part of that scent is coming from the base itself. It's stronger than Cella, and much softer, basically a cream. Off the puck, it's almost too much, but the lather on the face gives a nice, assertive scent that doesn't persist after rinsing off.

Mail Call today

IMG-20201030-182246.jpg

I recently purchased the Muhle Rocca R94 which was lent to my dad as a replacement for his R41 2013. Rating it my new favourite DE I placed an order for the R95 and whilst I wait for it to arrive from the UK, I had to get a spare so opted for the R96. Well worth it as its the best shave each and everytime! Vendor threw in some toothpaste for my troubles.

Just ordered Heritage Hill's Independence Hall and John Paul Jones

Very interested in knowing your thoughts on Independence Hall.

From what I can tell, It's a soap that changed scents. Only reviews are for the original, not the sandalwood scent. Please share your thoughts.

Very interested in knowing your thoughts on Independence Hall.

From what I can tell, It's a soap that changed scents. Only reviews are for the original, not the sandalwood scent. Please share your thoughts.
I sure will! It'll definitely be a journal entry.

The Undersea got a great review as a very nice aquatic by CDB on YouTube. This will make an interesting data point for me, as I seem to agree with him quite a lot. It's a pretty safe bet,vas this will be my third Kaizen soap, and I really like that base.
cb3c3eb2f250d7fd141102168870361e.jpg

I've been waiting on this release since Spring when I tried a sample!
1135380ac01eed4bf6d30dcbd5b73ff5.jpg

Great choice! [emoji106]

That's basically what I told my wife. I've been counting the months since spring to get a refill. I still have enough for this season... But you have to have a hefty amount on hand, just incase. [emoji6]

Did you grab any of the handsoaps? I'm very curious about the new Gingerbread soap. Rod and Mandy really have Christmas covered for me.

Back