The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

@GearNoir sold me on this cream. I love Amaretto!
0c19199e7c0c10a2f5600a3dcffdd6ce.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tat's big too, 5 gal.? :ROFLMAO:

I guess we’ll see how it goes and maybe I’ll go back to a sponge. Only thing I didn’t like about the sponge is that stubble gets caught in the sponge and the wife tossed it out because she thought it was gross. Women!?!?
Lol I can see that being an issue.

I guess we’ll see how it goes and maybe I’ll go back to a sponge. Only thing I didn’t like about the sponge is that stubble gets caught in the sponge and the wife tossed it out because she thought it was gross. Women!?!?
I am also curious to know if that razor wiper works.

Sent this authentic vintage "Butterscotch Bakelite" Simpson Keyhole 2 (KH2) Best Badger across the "pond" to the Isle of Man (UK) in order to have a new genuine Simpson Best Badger knot installed by the good folks at Simpson brushes!
I cannot wait to see (and use) this vintage beauty with a new knot!
I will share side by side before and after pics when she returns....

KH2-2.jpg

Hey @CBLindsay how does it work????
Depending on your typical technique It works well and does what you want/need it to do. Most importantly it doesn’t lead to accidental blade nicks or dulling like dipping the blade under the faucet can do. I like to elevate it off the counter, put it on the soap tub or on top of the apothecary mug to get a good hight and angle (my wrists don’t move well so the counter is not the right hight/level for me. It doesn’t strip the lather clean off a hollow ground blade but it does get it clean enough for another pass. The rubber is really durable (but soft) so you can subject it to hot water and cleaning chemicals without it breaking down or getting hard. I’ll send you a couple extra to experiment with so you can tell the cadre more about them...I put a small tack sponge in the center so it fits on my mug and I get the best of both worlds

Most importantly it doesn’t lead to accidental blade nicks or dulling like dipping the blade under the faucet can do. The rubber is really durable (but soft) so you can subject it to hot water and cleaning chemicals without it breaking down or getting hard. I’ll send you a couple extra to experiment with so you can tell the cadre more about them...I put a small tack sponge in the center so it fits on my mug and I get the best of both worlds.
If I can avoid hitting my faucet and chipping a blade, I'll be really happy! I have a ton of anxiety when it comes to rinsing, I've totaled a couple of excellent edges and put a decent chip in a Heckles.....

Thanks Chris! I'll run them through their paces.

Neat that they will do this!
KJ,... I was quite pleasantly surprised as well! I simply reached out on the Simpson's website and I promptly received a warm and welcoming reply from Managing Director, Mr. Mark Watterson. A few email exchanges later and my vintage Simpson Keyhole KH2 is now on its way to have a new Best Badger knot installed. I get the impression they do this on a fairly regular basis. I guess one never knows unless he/she asks! In this case, I am comforted by the fact that Simpson brushes remains personable and approachable.

PEACE!

Back