The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

Those were the photos they posted. I don't have the razor yet so those are the only pics I have of it yet.. Sorry.
It has characteristics similar to many of the “store brand” or lesser known brands of the time but also looks like it may be a more detailed logo that is obscured enough I can’t see it. I’m seeing what looks like the end of an arrow but it’s facing the wrong direction for the typical “arrow” named brands I recall. I’ve seen those type of scales and pins on Union Cutlery and Henckles and other factory production razors. Whatever the brand my eye sees steel that will hold a nice edge. The hone wear on the spine looks a bit heavy but that’s just a cosmetic thing, I don’t stress hone wear as long as the edge is clean and the scales are solid.

It has characteristics similar to many of the “store brand” or lesser known brands of the time but also looks like it may be a more detailed logo that is obscured enough I can’t see it. I’m seeing what looks like the end of an arrow but it’s facing the wrong direction for the typical “arrow” named brands I recall. I’ve seen those type of scales and pins on Union Cutlery and Henckles and other factory production razors. Whatever the brand my eye sees steel that will hold a nice edge. The hone wear on the spine looks a bit heavy but that’s just a cosmetic thing, I don’t stress hone wear as long as the edge is clean and the scales are solid.
Its supposed to be shave ready. Honed on coticule....
I think I found out what it is ..
GMW Gebr. Meis Wald Solingen
il_570xN.2092897661_78m7.jpg

I probably shouldn’t have but couldn’t resist -

ClassicTwoCollectionWebsite-01_5000x.jpg

Thanks! I pulled the lids themselves from thingiverse but the boat i did a trace and extrusion in some 3D modeling software of the actual old spice ship so I could print it separately.
Now that is fine work indeed. A much better solution than the mason jar lids I've been using. Impressive.

So is coachman good ? Have you tried black magic aftershave ?

It’s quite similar to pinaud clubman, so much so you could say they were the same thing. Coachman is slightly more “approachable”, kinda like clubman after it has been applied and mellowed a few minutes. I think I read somewhere that coachman was originally sold as a country club locker room product (Like a volume version of what the guys would use at home)...I could be wrong or thinking of a different product though.

It’s quite similar to pinaud clubman, so much so you could say they were the same thing. Coachman is slightly more “approachable”, kinda like clubman after it has been applied and mellowed a few minutes. I think I read somewhere that coachman was originally sold as a country club locker room product (Like a volume version of what the guys would use at home)...I could be wrong or thinking of a different product though.
Thanks

Back