The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

So is that a putting green in your retirement community? And do the golf carts come with oxygen tanks installed? Or is that for the deluxe models?
It is a 500 yd par 5 And the average age of the folks here is about 61 it’s a 45 and over resort community north of $1 million dollar homes

Armor case, nice! I haven’t been able to find a design I like yet in the thicker style. Is that one just brass or stainless?
This one is just brass and I like the simplicity of it.

I have a standard Zippo, that my wife got me decades ago, that I need to send in for a new hinge pin. I sent them an enquiry on it yesterday. I’ll have to snap a pic of my other Zippos.

Armor case, nice! I haven’t been able to find a design I like yet in the thicker style. Is that one just brass or stainless?
99% of them are brass. All the brass ones are either; chrome plated, gold flash (sold as solid brass), gold plated, silver plated, anodized in many different colors, or powder coated in many different colors, but all are brass underneath.

Some other materials used for the remaining 1% are/were; solid gold, Stirling silver, copper, steel (WWII era and WWII replicas), and Aluminum (these were prototypes that were never sold, but I know there are some out in the wild).

I am probably forgetting a couple things, but that covers most of them.

Back