The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Forgot to post these!

A care package from @Bill M - convex balsa strip and a GD honed with the convex method. Thanks Bill!

Also a package from CKTG - metal base that matches the balsa strip (it’s magnetic) and also matching roo leather strop.

View attachment 97882

Hopefully this means I can get to using my b-day razor and trying out Bill’s expert edges this weekend!
Alas, I fear I have led another unsuspecting soul from the straight and narrow path.
😎

Good luck and have fun.

Well, Today was the Day. Those that followed this thread, have some idea, and for @CVargo, and @NurseDave here is the context of my "What's in Front of you post from today both links below

#1 original post

# 2 Today's

anyway this was 44 years in the making. So I had this made to specs based on my fathers ring.

Dad Ring 11.20222.JPEG
and this is a side by side. Until I took the picture I did not realize that the shirt I chose to wear today would be the same color. On the left is my dad circa between 1976 and 1978. He passed in March of 1978 at the age of 48. on the right is me at 58 so 10 yrs older than when he died. Also he was 6'3 and me 5'7 Thanks mom who was 4'11. Anyway, tried to recreate the photo as best I could, and to get the rings in the same posistion, LOL. The rings are about identical, I think the diamond in mine is a tad larger, but it is close., I remembered the best I could. The watch is my Omega, but my dads was a Bulova Accutron Tuning fork movement. Still on the hunt for a good one of those. Anyway a special acquisition today, a a tribute to my "Old Man"

davedad2022.JPEG

Well, Today was the Day. Those that followed this thread, have some idea, and for @CVargo, and @NurseDave here is the context of my "What's in Front of you post from today both links below

#1 original post

# 2 Today's

anyway this was 44 years in the making. So I had this made to specs based on my fathers ring.

and this is a side by side. Until I took the picture I did not realize that the shirt I chose to wear today would be the same color. On the left is my dad circa between 1976 and 1978. He passed in March of 1978 at the age of 48. on the right is me at 58 so 10 yrs older than when he died. Also he was 6'3 and me 5'7 Thanks mom who was 4'11. Anyway, tried to recreate the photo as best I could, and to get the rings in the same posistion, LOL. The rings are about identical, I think the diamond in mine is a tad larger, but it is close., I remembered the best I could. The watch is my Omega, but my dads was a Bulova Accutron Tuning fork movement. Still on the hunt for a good one of those. Anyway a special acquisition today, a a tribute to my "Old Man"

I had a feeling that's what this was about. Pretty damn cool honestly. So your dad was as tall as me and yet I'm the sasquatch?!

I had a feeling that's what this was about. Pretty damn cool honestly. So your dad was as tall as me and yet I'm the sasquatch?!
If I would have called my dad sasquatch..... Well the results would have been ugly, LOL His fist was the size of Thor's Hammer. He played Football at Duke with Sonny Jorgensen, so I behaved around him, but he was the funniest guy I ever met, you would have loved him

#1 original post

# 2 Today's

Fantastic Dave, a beautiful loving tribute!

No one else in my life likes my moustache except my old man @Ozark.flyflinger. I wear it for the next few hours as a tribute to him!

#1 original post

# 2 Today's

Great looking ring and an even better side by side photo.

#1 original post

# 2 Today's

Very Nice...

Razors new to me final version.
Soaps a backup. Great soap.
7ae5f8baada1bb3ecf50719c1855b093.jpg

842f51bfdf2bd7ba2670d84839d7a295.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man…when Dave says “I’m gonna send you something in the mail…keep an eye out for it” he ain’t kidding! Dave either knows someone at USPS or he zoomed it over here to Santa Barbara in his Vette! That was fast!

Care package courtesy of “The Daves”™ @BarberDave and @NurseDave…thanks dudes!

As far as green scents go for shaving…this might be one of the best ever, right up there with SV 70th!

B107012C-822C-45D0-AFDD-470D7B0F4DAE.jpeg

Back