The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Anyone want to make a guess whether this next frag Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne is in my wheelhouse? 😂

1653508281435.png
1653514992694.png
This one might be in your wheelhouse too @Scuttlesoap .😁

1653588330293.jpeg

(1) Seaforth Fleur de France: Absolutely love the scent!! It is a Fougere for sure - along the same lines as Wholly Kaw Man from Mayfair / Monaco Royale……or with a frag comparison - along the lines of Eight & Bob or Jockey Club. Spearhead threw in the cozy for free - so thanks to them!

(2) HAGS Resurrection Soap & AS: Homage to D&G Light Blue (not Intense)…..like Light Blue - it is a light blue frag - not very strong…..very nice, just on the weaker side as compared to their other releases - but Bitchin’ label art.

(3) HAGS Facelift: Now this is right up my alley - strong citrus with a cool kick in there! Definitely can smell this strong off the puck - I regret not getting the balm; Tangerine forward.

Seaforth FdF .... is it a light fern or a deeper fern? Also, what is the Seaforth texture? I have a gift certificate in my pocket.
The comparisons you provided provided no comparison for me. ;)

Seaforth FdF .... is it a light fern or a deeper fern? Also, what is the Seaforth texture? I have a gift certificate in my pocket.
The comparisons you provided provided no comparison for me. ;)

I’d say it leans to be mid-range fern - about a 5 on a scale of 1-10 - not as strong as Fougere Royal but not a lightweight. You definitely get the oakmoss and Tonka. There is citrus in there - but it isn’t to the forefront.

Basewise - I’m trying to figure out comparing it to what you use…….but drawing a blank - the base is similar to Stirling as far as firmness - very easy to lather.

I'm confused. I thought fern had no scent, and that fougere was just supposed to be an impression scent.
Walking through the forests in Oregon I would say it does. But most fougere scents represent more weeds and thistles to me.

Back