The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Strop Buffalo Full Grain
I finally managed to receive my dream mid-1800s Wade & Butcher Sheffield razor! Nothing else but a wedge of course...hahaha. The razor is heavy... the heaviest among all my other SRs including the Dorko. Looking at the thick wedge, I was a little skeptical with the shave...boy was I wrong. Turns out to be a gentle giant! This razor's edge from the Seller was very very smooth and comfortable on all parts of my face & neck. 3passes for a dfs result...no issues at all. Absolutely enjoyed this excellent and famous W&B razor!
The strop is thick heavy and very smooth during stropping. Come with linen and cotton too. The price is just irresistible...
20220213_191543.jpg
20220213_185453.jpg
20220213_185522.jpg20220213_185734.jpg

So these showed up at work today and needed a good home, so I adopted them for a small adoption fee.

A guy I work with was getting rid of them for his father who had gotten them from a garage sale years ago.

The scales on the Temperite are shot, they are warped and shrunk, but the near wedge blade is usable. The Broker has a nice mother of pearl covered tang/tail and needs a good bath but is in good shape.
IMG_20220216_114948371.jpg
IMG_20220216_115010439.jpg

So these showed up at work today and needed a good home, so I adopted them for a small adoption fee.

A guy I work with was getting rid of them for his father who had gotten them from a garage sale years ago.

The scales on the Temperite are shot, they are warped and shrunk, but the near wedge blade is usable. The Broker has a nice mother of pearl covered tang/tail and needs a good bath but is in good shape.
Nice! Scrolling down wondering exactly what is wrong with the scales, then I see THAT. Good grief. I have two Temperite blades that need scales. Wish I could duplicate the old scales in better material. Weren't they originally clear?

Nice! Scrolling down wondering exactly what is wrong with the scales, then I see THAT. Good grief. I have two Temperite blades that need scales. Wish I could duplicate the old scales in better material. Weren't they originally clear?
All the ones I have seen that I believe are original were translucent yellow.

All the ones I have seen that I believe are original were translucent yellow.
I wish I could remember where I heard they were originally clear so I could try to get more information. I've seen one that was pretty light, but yeah, they were all yellow.

Back