The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

My lovely sister-in-law sent us a care package from my wife’s home country of Belarus. She sent some puzzles for my son, cosmetics for Iryna and these three shaving soaps and two new deodorants

The shaving soaps are TDS Cosmetics, from Vitabsk, Belarus.

• The Green one is Evergreen Juniper, it smells divine!!! The site lists the scent as, "Refreshing, resinous, courageous, smoky, noble, dear, soothing, coniferous; with hints of aromas of meadow grasses and forest, with tart spicy notes." I'm really excited to try this one, the reviews I've seen, seem to paint it in a really positive light.
    • Ingredients: potassium and sodium salts of fatty acids of vegetable oils (coconut, shea, cocoa) and their unsaponified parts, shungite water, stearic acid, glycerin, citric acid, avocado oil, composition of essential oils.
  • The Red one is Sandal Note(Note of Sandalwood), Has a flowery sandalwood scent, it is pretty light. Interesting description from their site "The warm woody note of sandalwood helps to enlighten thoughts, relax, and tune in to a contemplative, meditative mood."
    • Ingredients: potassium and sodium salts of fatty acids of vegetable oils (coconut, shea, cocoa) and their unsaponified parts, shungite water, stearic acid, sea salt, citric acid, avocado oil, vegetable glycerin, lactic acid, titanium dioxide, hydroxyethyl cellulose, vitamin E , D-limonene (citrus peel fragrance), Amiris essential oil (West Indian sandalwood).
  • The Blue one is Menthol, this one has a straight forward frosty menthol scent, exactly what I was hoping for. The site description is, "Fresh, minty, frosty aroma, with a slight cooling effect."
    • Ingredients: potassium and sodium salts of fatty acids of vegetable oils (coconut, shea, cocoa) and their unsaponified parts, shungite water, stearic acid, menthol, glycerin, citric acid, avocado oil.
271D5466-7EE4-4F22-8246-3BA3D95B2D4D.jpeg
  • Dead Sea Minerals Blue Wave: I've been using this brand by Mon Platin, of Israel for the last 4 years. I have my sister-in-law buy me 10 sticks at a time, which I reimburse her for. They recently came out with these new scents, so this is the first time I've tried this one. This one has a really nice cologne aquatic scent. I think it will be a keeper as long as it doesn't cause a reaction.
  • Dead sea Minerals Green Nature: Very reminiscent of a cologne styled Irish Spring, but updated and more of a sport scent. I like it a lot.
3EA17F76-4BAC-4385-A459-573F90CCDB89.jpeg

A note on TDS, they are very hard to find online, searching in English, here is a link to their site: ТДС.БЕЛ | ИНТЕРНЕТ-МАГАЗИН

Reviews to follow. Best wishes my friends.
Matt

H&S P076-SB 17-4
wJcJlon.jpg
4DwrQvN.jpg

At $2.25 per puck on the "What the Puck" soaps, I couldn't resist. That is probably around 6 years worth of shaves, but at least they will be good ones.

EDIT #1: Also, you should give the Bowling Green a try. I quite like it.

EDIT #2: Also, now I have enough alum for a couple of years of shaving.
i have been eyeing the bowling green looks nice

By chance, do you read the blogs of my 2 favorite (and only) frag reviewers? I won’t say their names because I got in trouble before mentioning one of them, but they rhyme with “prom fyrgos” and “mour Ponsieur”. Your recent purchases are dead ringers for the later 🤷‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️👍
I wasn't aware, until now, of the former. The latter is one that I am familiar with.

Back